experiment

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hay guys I have two pioneer 20-721F-1 12's (that I can't find the specs for) and I was fixing to experiment. They are a pretty precise woofer for what they are and I figured I could use as a sub I put them in my last box with 1.5 cubes each and they hit nice but to high around 60 to 100, they clip you go low. Some auspices helped that a little. Just wandering what kind of box was best to get around 30 (or lower) to 50 hertz from them, I was thinking of a horn. I wanted to build a box for the room this time instead of where the subs hit best according to straight spec. Just so you know I have not done angles besides 90 and 45 so try any stay away from a 20 piece horn. Thanks guys appreciate the help below is my room in feet.

13' by 10' (sound stage) by 8' (carpet floor stucco wall)
4' by 4' window with 2' Simi circle window above 8" off flour center of wall where soundstage is
anatomical left wall of soundstage 2 foot away is a 6' long by 6.5' high closet with glass doors that roll
2' further back from is a 30 ish degree angle where the door is pulling toward the other wall 8-10" when it get to the back wall

In the room anatomical right of soundstage (aos) is my bed against the back wall 6' wide 6.5' long 3' high
right sos is the dresser 3' wide by 4' high by 2' deep
2 speaker boxes each side one is 1.5' by 2.5 ft by 1' deep the other 2.5' by 1' by 1' deep
left aos is a 33in tv that is stacked on top of speakers
thats all the big stuff (almost of everything in general)

the box is left aos to match the dresser around 41" high 34 wide under 3' deep around 1.5' to 2' is optimal.

I would recommend a Straight quarter wave pipe design if you want to stick to right angles. 2 folds should put you in the right height size range. One word of advice, if you can't find the specs, you can't build a box and have any clue what it will sound like -- especially if you go horn based (which I don't recommend because angles and you don't get along).
Honestly, you're best bet is to measure the TS parameters so people can help you out more effectively.
Regards,
Will

I am working on that, I lack testing equipment and hoped someone my have some book somewhere with the specs. I am seriously questioning if it is on the internet. I am looking deeper into it. I did not mean for this to be a large project I just felt like building and wanted to do something new and better than before.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.