subwoofer software/questions in general

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes I have. about a year ago Home Depot started stocking the 3/4 aracuo, after both lowes and home depot stopped carrying it for about 2 years after the disasters in chile.

the current stock available at Home depot is not listed as aracuo, but it is the same 7 ply (for 3/4), stamped product of chile.

I'm currently building a single loaded 18" vented box for the faital pro 18 1030hp.

I used the 3/4 aracuo for the first time since it has become re available. didnt get to sort through the sheets for as long as I would like, and it was pretty "wet" so it was fairly warped. sufficent bracing, clamps, and screws helped bring it back to square nicely though.

Attachments

• photo (27).JPG
    photo (27).JPG
    653.5 KB · Views: 77
The Bassmaxx product to look at for *deep* bass reproduction is the ZV28.

The SSP 218 (passive version) clocks in at almost $3200 direct from them.... without delivery etc included

8500 for a pair (one powered, one passive), including the 4k watt amp (speaker power 4k torpedo comes to mind for a diy guy).

the faital xl1600 can be scoured in the ballpark of $400 delivered, each.

cost of build for pair of dual 18 with the faital xl, you are looking at (one powered, one passive):

$1600 for 4x drivers
$180 for 6 sheets of 4x8 3/4 aracuo plywood from home depot
$120 for 2 gallons of duratex (way more than enough).
$20 for speakon jacks
$75 for feet/misc corner hardware/jack plates etc
$100 for screws/glue/paintrollers/clamps/mic tools etc
$1500 for speaker power sp1 4000w plate amp

Total is $3694

This is less than half the price of the pair from bassboss, however, there are some necessary tools, that can be expensive you dont already own them, and unless you plan to diy long term, are not worth the expense for 1 time use.

You will need, Table Saw. Circular Saw. Router. 2 drills. drillbits/routerbits/sawblades. If you dont have all of that already... it might not be worth trying to diy, as there is a decent bit of startup cost. You CAN, get by without a table saw, but its not fun (unless you have festool track saw).

Im guessing the cost of 2 othorns would be comparable? Would they be comparable in output and freq response? I'm almost thinking othorn due to the size difference if they perform similarly. Only thing i am mussing from the tool inventory is the router it seems, i may be able to borrow one from a friend. might need to pick up some clamps. hummmm tough decision. This sucks. lol

Yes I have. about a year ago Home Depot started stocking the 3/4 aracuo, after both lowes and home depot stopped carrying it for about 2 years after the disasters in chile.

the current stock available at Home depot is not listed as aracuo, but it is the same 7 ply (for 3/4), stamped product of chile.

I'm currently building a single loaded 18" vented box for the faital pro 18 1030hp.

I used the 3/4 aracuo for the first time since it has become re available. didnt get to sort through the sheets for as long as I would like, and it was pretty "wet" so it was fairly warped. sufficent bracing, clamps, and screws helped bring it back to square nicely though.

Looks nice!

it doeant look too good yet. This is just the dryfit. As soon as i glue it up (tmrw) i'll show you the magic of the router lol.

If you can borrow one from a mate try an get a 1/4 upsiral bit loaned and a 3/8 or 1/2 roundover (i prefer 3/8)

Ill definitely keep that in mind. Do you have any thoughts on the build you mentioned for me to consider and the othorns? If anybody else has some thoughts feel free, I've never experienced either of them. Price and performance? Size vs performance it sounds like the othorns would be the winners. Im currently stuck on the two, i saw a video on youtube of a pair of othorns in a club setting, but of course the camera was in the mouth of them while they were on. I always use a tascam iM2 microphone with my iPhone 5s for videos during loud events. Some people don't know about it or care about it, but if its one thing i care about, its audio.

Im thinking of using crest cc5500 x 2 with adaptors. I would get a powersoft k10, but the cheapest one i could find was 6700$!! in theory tho, one should be twice as loud and deep as one of mine at the same wattage, to test it I'm going to double the power I'm sending to my current ones. just to see how it handles. The only problem i foresee happening, in either senario, is trying to find enough circuits for everything. crest cc4000 is also an option. crown xti 6002? hummm.

I know ACK! lol. I will try them Ricci, i was trying to set up a whole sale account with parts express to see if i could a little bit of a discount, unfortunately my fax machine kept disconnecting and i haven't gotten an email back yet. They are selling it for $693.11 with a month wait :eek: . save a few bucks and wait, or pay a few bucks and get them sooner. humm... Another couple questions. I would like to install some handles onto the sides back and or top. Would they effect the horn? how much? I can also get handles that screw down, same question for the wheels, i was going to go heavy duty and removable so they don't rattle while in use. should i go with normal casters or would these be ok. the wheels would be installed on the back of the box.

Wheels:
https://www.parts-express.com/peavey-pop-out-2-swivel-caster-set-of-4--248-8790

Handle A:
https://www.parts-express.com/penn-elcom-0394bk-black-rubber-strap-handle-7-x-1--262-306

Handle B:
https://www.parts-express.com/steel-bar-speaker-cabinet-handle--262-821

Castercity for wheels. I would honestly make a cart. These cabs are big and heavy lol

Thats why i was thinking putting wheels on them. I thought carts at first, but then i would be lifting them off the trailer on to a cart and then off the cart on to the floor. with casters and handles (if permissible) i would just have to roll them off the trailer down the ramp into the venue and then put them on their side. I plan on putting feet or rubber pads on the bottom and opposite sides when i deploy them, with the mouths butted up against one another, and then strapping them together some how. i think in that configuration with the drivers making opposite forces it should keep them from walking or jumping around on the floor. Only time will tell, i have to get the wood first, i may record it and make a video series on youtube :).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.