Eminence LAB15 Subwoofer, 4ohm, Special Run for CHEAP on ebay

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is from Notnyt on AVS:
attachment.php

Never mind - got them:

Re = 3.75 Ohms
Le = 1.60 mH
Fs = 34.4 Hz
Vas = 93.3 l
Qms = 3.76
Qes = 0.59
Qts = 0.51
Xmax = 13.02 mm
Pmax = 600 W

Qe seems a bit high for my liking...

For a front loaded horn, these would just be beyond overkill; they'd have more output than any sane person would need, and an F3 that's too high for home theater

But for a tapped horn, these would be epic. That FS is good for an F3 of around 20-25hz, perfect for home theater.

I wonder if it would be a 'drop-in' for some of the 15" tapped horns floating around on this board? I published a design for the 15" MTX and the 15" Alpine Type R, and I'll bet this woofer would work well in there.

I have some TC Sounds fifteens here, but they don't like tapped horns; the FS on the TCs is too low, and the QTS is too high. The Lab15 doesn't have that issue.

For a front loaded horn, these would just be beyond overkill; they'd have more output than any sane person would need, and an F3 that's too high for home theater

But for a tapped horn, these would be epic. That FS is good for an F3 of around 20-25hz, perfect for home theater.

I wonder if it would be a 'drop-in' for some of the 15" tapped horns floating around on this board? I published a design for the 15" MTX and the 15" Alpine Type R, and I'll bet this woofer would work well in there.

I have some TC Sounds fifteens here, but they don't like tapped horns; the FS on the TCs is too low, and the QTS is too high. The Lab15 doesn't have that issue.

Patrick,

I will look for your 15" MTX and 15" Alpine designs (unless you happen to have links).

Regards,

Beau

Patrick,

I will look for your 15" MTX and 15" Alpine designs (unless you happen to have links).

Regards,

Beau

Unfortunately many of my designs suck!
But this is a 'guess' at the Danley TH-50, and it works nicely with the Alpine Type R 15s, might work with the Lab15 too:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/subwoofers/230405-300-th-50-knockoff-4.html#post3387023

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

th-50-01.jpg

th-50-04.jpg

Response of the "real" TH50
th-50-10.jpg

Predicted response of the box with MTX woofers (like the real thing) and with Alpine

Some reasons to consider it:

1) Danley has mentioned that it's the sub he uses at home, along with SH50s
2) It's a fairly simple box to build

I'm only guessing here, but they probably discontinued the box because the MTX woofer isn't readily available; seems to pop up occasionally on the MTX site, but often it's unobtanium

Last edited:
Unfortunately many of my designs suck!
But this is a 'guess' at the Danley TH-50, and it works nicely with the Alpine Type R 15s, might work with the Lab15 too:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/subwoofers/230405-300-th-50-knockoff-4.html#post3387023

th-50-01.jpg

th-50-04.jpg

Response of the "real" TH50
th-50-10.jpg

Predicted response of the box with MTX woofers (like the real thing) and with Alpine

Some reasons to consider it:

1) Danley has mentioned that it's the sub he uses at home, along with SH50s
2) It's a fairly simple box to build

I'm only guessing here, but they probably discontinued the box because the MTX woofer isn't readily available; seems to pop up occasionally on the MTX site, but often it's unobtanium

Thank you!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.