Dual AA Havoc 12'' for 2.2 ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello this is my first post here and I would like some advice on dual subwoofers for a 2.2 system. I use the original Cremona monitors in combination with a MF KW550 amplifier and Calyx dac. Source is my desktop. I would like to add 2 sealed subwoofers mainly for music but also for movies. I live in an appartment and the room is about 24 square meters with a opening to small kitchen but we have plans to move to a bigger home in the near future.
SPL is not my main concern but I would like having the ability for some strong bass for movies. SQ however is. I think I will power them with 2 UcD2kamplifiers from Hypex on one SMPS3kA700 power supply and add a DSP like mini-DSP for the subs. Specs look better on average 15'' (sub)woofers but I can not have bigger then 12'' bacause I don't want them to dominate the livingroom.

My goals are 2 compact sealed subwoofers with 12'' drivers which can dig deep and have good sound quality with a F3 of aprox. 20 Hz with EQ.
Would the Ascendant audio Havoc 12'' be a good option for my goals?
Could this sub offer tight bass in the right (sealed) box?
Rel. high Fs but lots of power and excursion to EQ the low frequencies?

I've read a lot in the last year but have no experience myself besides subwoofers for my car years ago. Suggestions are welcome also for woofers that can cross-over a little higher so I could play with active x-over between mains en subs in the future.

Thank you in advance!

Thiele-Small Parameters
12"
Coils Dual 2 Ω
Re 1.8 Ω / coil (3.7 Ω in series)
Fs 30.9 Hz
Qms 6.07
Qes 0.43
Qts 0.40
Mms 238 g Sd
480 cm^2
Vas 26.1 l
SPL 85.8 1W/1m
Bl 19.8 Tesla Meters
Xmax 30mm (one-way)
RMS 1250W

Last edited:
.. Suggestions are welcome also for woofers that can cross-over a little higher so I could play with active x-over between mains en subs in the future.

Thank you in advance!

Thiele-Small Parameters
12"
Coils Dual 2 Ω
Re 1.8 Ω / coil (3.7 Ω in series)
Fs 30.9 Hz
Qms 6.07
Qes 0.43
Qts 0.40
Mms 238 g Sd
480 cm^2
Vas 26.1 l
SPL 85.8 1W/1m
Bl 19.8 Tesla Meters
Xmax 30mm (one-way)
RMS 1250W

Hi Auke,

Is your name equal to the Swedish = Åke?
Take a look at the submitted Pictures, Note the T/S calc:

b :)

Attachments

• AA Havoc-12inch.JPG
    AA Havoc-12inch.JPG
    440.7 KB · Views: 78
  • AA Havoc-12inch_LT.JPG
    AA Havoc-12inch_LT.JPG
    170.6 KB · Views: 76
  • AA Havoc-12inch_OD-QWP.JPG
    AA Havoc-12inch_OD-QWP.JPG
    309.5 KB · Views: 73
Hi Auke,

Is your name equal to the Swedish = Åke?
Take a look at the submitted Pictures, Note the T/S calc:

b :)

Hallo Bjorn this could be. wWhen there is a movie in Swedisch/Norway and I read the subtitles I mostly can hear what they are saying. I'm from Friesland (north of Holland) we have our own language (not a dialect) and we as well speak Dutch. I think you know the Frisians? I believe we had a history with the vikings
j2xgwDMBDSsnVA69OtCogRQzID4UOTOFEwAHkGJSmhPzgRIAFU7lagXmBJGuXwEwEMPlz8AaBEagAjDrBQAkcUj5iCtQwK0FSzhciBsQADs=

Thank you for your efforts but I have to be hounest that I can not read / understand what these charts say could you explain if this could be a sq woofer and if I can get it at an F3 of approx. 20-25Hz with DSP?
I see in a closed box the F3 is around 60Hz which is pretty high because of the high Fs of the woofer which in a car would have cabin gain.
Also Le is pretty high and mms too but it has a strong motor to compensate for the last. I really would like a 12'' but the specs for 15'' are much better.
Maybe I should build 2 with these for our next home
AIUJFJjLEaFejDwMFPgDB6skt9YYKOAAQDBMSlS9GiMMVAogX+iUUoMiBgIhJ2zUEvjmQp9ArRJdaTSIDw8ZIEgMzENkhIINC4KQ2jKFwg2Bf2R1IhAmDiUBBzh5MWShjqdRHdwsmQVMj6UnBgboAqTFFBgyAwMgSjVkhYs2EvAEWCiQA5IeVeTsyJImypGFEKwo+BAiVpkMri7tyoGrkDBblUQ4qYCFSiYzGhDcKSFJDA1fvEw0OKBDgKgCNWawWABLSqgip5o8wICGAIABmwDQQqVplR1hilTsmcPkzCMuRmBMSuDj0EBBv+CwgcSgRYJFkbp8oivwhZ8IE6DMA10YEAA7

Maybe the CSS SDX12 would be an option though takes small sealed box.

Thanks again

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.