Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Small Bass Box using Skytronic woofer 'EBS' cabinet.
Small Bass Box using Skytronic woofer 'EBS' cabinet.
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th June 2014, 10:36 PM   #1
Stewart Holmes is offline Stewart Holmes  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default Small Bass Box using Skytronic woofer 'EBS' cabinet.

Hi,

This is my friend Mark's first speaker build, a passive bass box with 6.5" driver, which he built last year. Mark was aware that woofer size dictated how much bass there will be, in theory, yet wanted to keep cabinet size and cost low. The bass box has a 6.5" Skytronic driver with kevlar cone which cost just 20. The MDF cabinet has a EBS shelf and 8mm acoustic felt. He was using them with small satellite FR speakers so was pleasant upgrade to previous cheap bass box. He is now finishing a pair of Seas 2-ways with curved cabinets and plans on a Seas 10" subwoofer with possibly a transmission line.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture from bb 116.jpg (802.9 KB, 143 views)
File Type: jpg Picture from bb 118.jpg (895.0 KB, 130 views)
File Type: jpg Picture from bb 120.jpg (585.7 KB, 116 views)
File Type: jpg Picture from bb 111.jpg (676.2 KB, 116 views)
File Type: jpg Picture from bb 119.jpg (881.1 KB, 103 views)
Old 11th June 2014, 12:47 PM   #2
bjorno is offline bjorno  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to bjorno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart Holmes View Post
Hi,

This is my friend Mark's first speaker build, a passive bass box with 6.5" driver, which he built last year. Mark was aware that woofer size dictated how much bass there will be, in theory, yet wanted to keep cabinet size and cost low. The bass box has a 6.5" Skytronic driver with kevlar cone which cost just 20. The MDF cabinet has a EBS shelf and 8mm acoustic felt. He was using them with small satellite FR speakers so was pleasant upgrade to previous cheap bass box. He is now finishing a pair of Seas 2-ways with curved cabinets and plans on a Seas 10" subwoofer with possibly a transmission line.
Hi Stewart,

No doubt that your friend have a DIY talent, Here is another use of those Drivers:

b
Attached Images
File Type: jpg QTX-Sound_SKT902423.JPG (279.8 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg 2xQTX-Sound_SKT902423_Folded-T-QWP.JPG (435.0 KB, 56 views)
Old 11th June 2014, 10:59 PM   #3
Stewart Holmes is offline Stewart Holmes  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Thanks Bjorno my friend has done well concidering this this time last year he didn't know much about hi-fi's.

That design looks great, must sound good for little money, me and my friend like that design. Did you build it?
Old 12th June 2014, 03:47 PM   #4
Shadydave is offline Shadydave  United States
diyAudio Member

bjorno,
I am curious, in the drawing of the T-QWP cabinet in the second post on the second attachment, there is something drawn near the closed end of the tube.
I am guessing that it may be an aperiodic vent into a small volume at the end of the tube.
Is that correct?

Dave

Small Bass Box using Skytronic woofer 'EBS' cabinet.Hide this!Advertise here!