Have You Tried Memory Foam For Speaker Box Lining/Stuffing?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
In as much as the foam is designed to skirt Hooke's Law and be very hysteretic (if there is such a word), sounds unsuitable for linear audio sound.

Just a thought. Might be interesting to just stuff a pillow or two into a box to see pulses and tone-burst response. Might not even need a driver to see the effects, just rap the box with your knuckles.

Ben

Thank you everybody.
I tried legit acoustic foam once, and HONESTLY, I thought the bass sounded rubbery. I don't know how else to describe it.
Are you getting it free? Around here, lining the box with it would cost about the same as the woofers.
Oh yes Cal. I think it's a petroleum product. Actually when I posted it, I was thinking smaller, regular speakers. Maybe I should have tried this thread there.
I tried FEATHERS once. Goose down from a pillow I think. It was a low, VERY smooth, sealed box Z peak. LOTS of trouble with it though with settling, and you need to find a way to make it a bit stable in there. You cant have the feathers flying around in to the woofer cone. LOL :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.