1.8ft3 sealed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
How about 4x XLS10 in 40-50L box? or 6 of those in 60-70L
With miniDSP and LT it could be ok even for occasional movie...

You could make a 100x60cm coffie table with those solid wood counter tops ...

Like this :D

Attachments

• ct.jpg
    ct.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
:D:D:D
jea 4xXLS would be nice

but, I have to stay on the budget...

My surround speakers are Anthony Gallo Due and nucleus.
So I was thinking ;
A) use XLS 10 with SS PR
B) LAB 12C

I have IcePower 500W module for power.

So, XLS and PR I would have to order from UK.
Don't know is it possible to build coffee table in that combination, as I only see box shape for that combination (like 35x35x35cm). One front fire, other down fire.
Don't know if I could place driver and PR on bottom, to down fire ?

LAB 12C I can get in Croatia.
I'm thinking maybe to build closed and ported version, and see what sound better. Closed around 40L and ported at around 57L (as in LAB 12C manuals)

As appartment is small and I like clean lines I will make something like this or similar

RKNL20-modern-coffee-table.jpg

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
:D:D:D
jea 4xXLS would be nice

but, I have to stay on the budget...

c'mon , you know you want it :D

seriously , why you want to rob yourself of some simple pleasures. Life is short.

My surround speakers are Anthony Gallo Due and nucleus.
So I was thinking ;
A) use XLS 10 with SS PR
B) LAB 12C

I have IcePower 500W module for power.

Well , you have enough power to go with C) 2x XLS 10 closed with LT

I have made something similar in smaller box ...My place is around 22 sq meters so I'ts smaller than yours and that sub is ok for night watching or some music from time to time...

Don't know is it possible to build coffee table in that combination, as I only see box shape for that combination (like 35x35x35cm). One front fire, other down fire.
Don't know if I could place driver and PR on bottom, to down fire ?

You can do everything but some things are no advisable.
Aside for PR weight and cone sag , problem with PR is vibration so if you plan to put the coffie on that coffie table , i would advise that you go with 2 opposed drivers.

I have lived with a of pair or XLS 12 (older model 830500) with 625gr PR and
I wouldn't put driver and PR on the same 'side' or even at 90 deg ever again*
I think opposite side from a driver is better and I have done that with XLS10 and 400gb PR but still - vibration. :rolleyes:
I tried BR and closed and to my ears closed sounds best.

* in case that you think box is light , well, it's not. those boxes are 45-50 kg piece and still they would transfer vibration through whole floor.

btw , whatever you decide / XLS10 or Lab12 , it will sound really bad when you put it where you want it...( Murphy's law ) :D
So try to squeeze MiniDSP in the budget ...or for a start look for a BFD.

Last edited:
Jea...I know how it goes with Murphy ;)

So, I could get 2xXLS...
If I go for coffe table I cant place them on oposite sides...so thay both will be fireing downside...

What volume would you sugest for 2xXLS10 (closed)

And would it be better than LAB12C (closed)

I have Najda DSP so I belive I can do something...but still learning how to use it in best way ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.