line level of a active crossover

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The problem with putting the crossover in the tape loop is that then you have two volume controls to juggle. Turn your mains up, your sub doesn't get turned up. Means that basically the level is never correct.

Better to do some minor surgery on one of your systems, and break the pre-amp from the power amp, and insert the crossover there. That way one volume control will work for both.

The problem with putting the crossover in the tape loop is that then you have two volume controls to juggle. Turn your mains up, your sub doesn't get turned up. Means that basically the level is never correct.

Better to do some minor surgery on one of your systems, and break the pre-amp from the power amp, and insert the crossover there. That way one volume control will work for both.

YEA RIGHT<Sorry I should have said I am very limited on my knowledge and I am just trying to fix my subwoofer calamity,I can live with adjusting the levels till I can afford a proper set of power amps,so I can do it I take it.ok if that is a go can I get a xlr types I will need and speaker connects.they seem to all use xlr,I guess that is a good thing.

If surgery isn't in the cards, you can create a small "pad" box from the speaker output of your main receiver to lower the level to a reasonable one for input to the "aux" input of your sub system. Yeah, it's not ideal, but it'll work. I've used this in a car system many years ago.

My bedroom system feeds a "plate amp" off the speaker terminals, and that works fine. No crossover for the satellites, but the sound is ok, until you can upgrade your system.

Depending on your source, you could go another way. My main system runs everything except the amps from a computer. Player, crossover, volume control all in the computer. Feed tape inputs on your amps, and you're golden. If this sounds interesting, I can point you to instructions.

eventualy I will eliminate the need for the amps when I get some good sub plate amps and full range plate amps for the satelites but for now I need the 2 amps to power the speakers and the active crossover to send the proper tones.when I do get the plate amps i can intergrate the crossover into them.

oh yea BTW my source is the telivision headphone output,and a wd tv live being fed into the television with a hdmi,And the sound is very good coming from the output so please no changes on that I listen to spotify and stream youtube and the likes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.