My latest favorite recommendation for sub auditioning

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Last edited:
You haven't really specified any one particular album of OSI. Are they all exemplary or could you nominate the best one?
Forgot this thread for a while.

Listening to OSI "Fire Makes Thunder". Fine place to start if you're interested. But so far I have yet to be disappointed with anything this collaboration has produced.

I've never been even a little enamored with "heavy metal". Except for much of the brilliant musicianship in the genre/subs, I've never been much into it. OSI has such evident heavy metal underpinnings that I just wonder about my fascination with it. But it works for me. A bit like Pat Methany and the New Age that he's naturally slotted into. I just never abided with that. He's unique in a way that defies compartmenting. I cannot stomach his "genre" despite attempts, but he remains a favorite artist that still gives me something rewarding every time I listen.

OSI is similar. Maybe it's a bit effete or moody for the serious metal fan. I'm a fan in all. But for nothing more than auditioning gear any of their productions brings a smile.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.