Replacement subwoofer for Omage BBF-212 Enclosure

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there,
I have an Omage BBF 212 12" subwoofer that almost started a fire in my house. It was playing downstairs while I was upstairs when I got a big whiff of electrical fire. I ran downstairs and saw it smoking! I immediately unplugged it and took all the screws out of the woofer and it literally peeled back. After fighting with it (they glued the amp and the subwoofer in) I can see a big burn mark in a ribbon on the board. So needless to say I'm not looking for that replacement amp.
Recently I did a subwoofer build using a 15" Dayton subwoofer and an external Dayton amplifier. I would like to use the same external amplifier but I need advice on which subwoofer to get. It doesn't necessarily need to be Dayton. The size of the opening is EXACTLY 12" so it'd be nice to find a replacement that will fit without having to route it out (the sub was counter sunk). It's a front firing sub with a down firing port. The dimensions of the enclosure is 20x15x17.

Any help is very much appreciated! Thanks!

edit: I forgot to mention this seems like it might be an option. I would like to know for sure though. https://solen.ca/pdf/dayton/DVC310-88.pdf

There's some info missing and pictures
Please be more forum friendly. NPI

Do you know the name/type model of the previous 12" driver?!
Anyway check the following list one by one:

Mounting Information
Overall Outside Diameter: ?
Baffle Cutout Diameter: ?

Internal Dimensions of the enclosure:
or
External Dimensions of the enclosure:
Thickness of ply:

Type of port
(material and form rectangular vs circular) down firing port
Material: Plastic or ply (thickness):
Dimensions ext/int and length (or tuning frequency Fb):

My apologies. I attached a photo of the subwoofer. I brought the box to my office and can't take of a picture of it now. I was looking at the overall diameter of the subwoofer, not the mounting hole dimensions.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    659.8 KB · Views: 56

Attachments

• BBF-212.jpg
    BBF-212.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 218
  • Omage BBF-212 Enclosure.jpg
    Omage BBF-212 Enclosure.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 245
Ah! Sorry again! I really appreciate your help! I'm assuming those measurements would be with the feet, I did measure it myself standing on it's back. I don't have the enclosure here to measure right now and it's literally -48 outside right now so I don't want to venture out!

The amp I'll be using is this Dayton Audio one:Dayton Audio SA230 230W Subwoofer Amplifier - Audio Amplifiers - Audio / Video

A link! I run a 15" Dayton subwoofer with that amp and it's great. I believe it's 4ohms.

A box shape that has dimensions 20 inches by 15 inches by 17 inches has a volume of:
Dimensions as you mention. ARE THEY FOR INTERNAL OR EXTERNAL DIMENSIONS?
If external don't forget to mention the thickness of the ply as was previous said.
Let's assume it's for internal dimensions: 2.95ft³ = 83.535L
Now taking about 2/3L for a driver we get about ~80L for a sealed driver enclosure, ~70/75L for a ported driver enclosure.
In the case of the sealed or ported check clearances, diameter, for this drivers as a starting point.
The downside for this project is that you might have to change your speaker dimensions or build a new sub enclosure, what always works best. ;)
ScanSpeak Discovery 30W/4558T 12"
gr-research SW-12-04 Servo Sub
Eminence LAB 12 Professional 12" Subwoofer Speaker | 290-570
AE Speakers TD Series TD12S

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.