Replacement subwoofer for Omage BBF-212 Enclosure - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st March 2014, 05:14 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

Ah! Sorry again! I really appreciate your help! I'm assuming those measurements would be with the feet, I did measure it myself standing on it's back. I don't have the enclosure here to measure right now and it's literally -48 outside right now so I don't want to venture out!

The amp I'll be using is this Dayton Audio one:Dayton Audio SA230 230W Subwoofer Amplifier - Audio Amplifiers - Audio / Video

A link! I run a 15" Dayton subwoofer with that amp and it's great. I believe it's 4ohms.
Old 1st March 2014, 08:47 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

Quote:
SPECIFICATIONS:
Rated Power Output: (1 % THD) 156 Watts RMS into 8 ohms, 233 Watts RMS into 4 ohms
Subs - 12", please give a look at this other thread where there are various drivers, so we can be more specific later with one that is adequate for you.
I assume your enclosure has a port ??? Dimensions? (Sometimes it can be changed later, and in your case is an open question.)
High quality small PR sub design?
Old 1st March 2014, 09:52 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

A box shape that has dimensions 20 inches by 15 inches by 17 inches has a volume of:
Dimensions as you mention. ARE THEY FOR INTERNAL OR EXTERNAL DIMENSIONS?
If external don't forget to mention the thickness of the ply as was previous said.
Let's assume it's for internal dimensions: 2.95ft³ = 83.535L
Now taking about 2/3L for a driver we get about ~80L for a sealed driver enclosure, ~70/75L for a ported driver enclosure.
In the case of the sealed or ported check clearances, diameter, for this drivers as a starting point.
The downside for this project is that you might have to change your speaker dimensions or build a new sub enclosure, what always works best.
ScanSpeak Discovery 30W/4558T 12"
gr-research SW-12-04 Servo Sub
Eminence LAB 12 Professional 12" Subwoofer Speaker | 290-570
AE Speakers TD Series TD12S

Hide this!Advertise here!