The "WICKED ONE" Metric + cutsheet + 3D model

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys,

I have been searching high and low for a proper metric design of the Decware Wicked One, I decided to take it upon myself to whip up a design in AutoCAD.

This is the first time I have used AutoCAD (still learning) so if there are any suggestions to make the model better please, feel free.

I have also included a cut sheet with all the angles to make it work (in theory)
It would be good if someone with experience building this box can chime in and spot any mistakes.

Look at the PDF plots for better quality (obviously)

Please note; this is still a work in progress, and it may be some time before I can test it out by actually building the box.

PS. Question: I feel dumb for asking but I can't get my head around it, if one half of the model is just a mirrored copy of the other half, I have drawn the cut sheet so that the panels are shown for one of the halves, if you spin (or flip) the panel (IRL) so it faces the other way is this the same as a mirrored copy? or do I need to draw the mirrored copy panels separately on the cut sheet. I feel like I am not explaining myself clearly.

Attachments

• 3D_Model.pdf
    152.6 KB · Views: 204
  • Cut_Sheet.pdf
    202.3 KB · Views: 178
  • Top_View.pdf
    167.8 KB · Views: 181
FYI:
Volume for the rear chamber I calculate to be 33L (gross)
Volume for the compression chamber would be ~23L (gross)

I heard the rule for bandpass enclosures is 3/4 volume compression vs. rear chamber?

Does reverse mounting (and thus reducing the compression chamber volume by 2-3L) lower or raise the tuning freq of a bandpass enclosure usually?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.