WinISD Apparent amplifier load power (VA) - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th February 2014, 12:38 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default WinISD Apparent amplifier load power (VA)

Hello

I have searched everywhere online and cannot fine a definitive answer to the following question:

When using modelling multiple drivers in one cabinet/design in WinISD: Is the "apparent amplifier load power (va)" graph the load for one driver or all combined?
Old 13th February 2014, 03:06 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Give me an example of a driver model and number of drivers (type of connection series/parallel).
Old 13th February 2014, 03:38 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Just checked WinISD Pro beta 0.50a7 does not appear to correct for multi driver impedance correctly. Chose a peerless XLS10 woofer and tried several configurations, 2, 3, 4, and 5 driver combinations, result is the same impedance for all, meaning the VA load is calculated incorrectly.

It is an old "beta" program.
Old 13th February 2014, 12:32 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

It's L26RO4Y I'm looking at - 2 drivers. Unfortunately it's not in the database and I can't seem to upload the WinISD driver file I created.

Do you think in general the apparent load shows as too much or too little?

Also, can I take this opportunity to ask: when measuring the output of a dual driver sealed subwoofer - do you position the microphone at the point on the baffle that is between both drivers?

Thank you for your help.
Old 13th February 2014, 01:04 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Sorry forgot to say each driver will be driven by their own 300 watt amplifier module...

Hide this!Advertise here!