Rel Q100 Seems to turn on and off untill warm then hums?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have recently picked up this sub cheap and thought it would be a good addition as its response is lower than my current 8" Gale 3070 on my system that has 2 sub channel outputs ( also felt rude not to use the additional channel :D )
So Issues.
When i turn the sub on from cold, for the first 5 mins or so the sub seems to turn on and off with the driver moving in and out about once every 0.5 secs eventually this slows down and stops then i seem to be able to turn off and on the sub and it eventually works, though it has a constant hum and when the volume is turned up it seems to cut out as well.

i can sometimes turn it on when warm and it has no hmm as well.

it also seems to pop with the same speed as when its cold when you turn it off

i am at a bit of a loss of where to start, Capacitors maybe?

(I have a bit of electronic experience after studying it at C&G and NVQ2 for 2 years but that was 12 years ago and haven't really practised since so am rusty)

I've uploaded a video to youtube after I've initially turning it on
Q100 problem - YouTube

I've also attached some images of the internals, a look over i cannot see any popped caps or dead diodes though i haven't had the multimeter out yet

Attachments

• CircuitA.jpg
    CircuitA.jpg
    934.5 KB · Views: 172
  • CircuitB.jpg
    CircuitB.jpg
    745.2 KB · Views: 117
  • CircuitC.jpg
    CircuitC.jpg
    534.6 KB · Views: 105
I messaged BK earlier and this is their response
Hello Ashley
The large smoothing capacitors on the power supply will need changing and there are also a pair of 220uF at 25V which are close to the 2 x 7W wirewound resistor that will need changing. If you change both sets the amplifier should work without any problems
Regards
Tom Pearce

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.