Small Sub - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th February 2014, 02:10 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Small Sub

Has anyone done a small sub? Such as a 6"ish. I know I could just build a 12" sub box, but Im just trying to improve the quality of my tv without having a full system. I know there are many commercial small subs out there, but I like the idea of doing it my self. And what amp (if needed) would you recommend? Otherwise I might buy this Dayton Audio SUB-800 8" 80 Watt Powered Subwoofer | 300-627
Old 6th February 2014, 05:17 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

I wouldn't say you can build a kit cheaper than that (your link).
Then, just mention the size of the sub speaker (net volume) so we can give a look at the drivers available. An example is the sub (15L) from another member, this one for his car/truck. Obvious, building is more fun.
small bass unit
or, in the other case: 12" driver for 38L sealed and Qtc = 0.7
Drive Unit Recomendations to acheive < 30Hz Sealed

Hide this!Advertise here!