dbh 218c

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I remembered seeing Ivan post about the "extended version" of the DBH 218 from danley. I guess it was 60 inches deep rather than 45. Did any published data ever arise from this?

The DBH218 is an interesting box, but with what looks to be only about 280cm path length (if that). the Extended version may be pushing anywhere between 350 and 400.

I was just curious whether anything ever came to light about it (as other than ivans posts, i've seen no info).

I dont think the labsub is going to get anything close to the DBH218 at any level except maybe .......No cant think of anywhere. Even with the shorter horn I would guess the dual 18's are still going to reach down lower than the lab even being out of its intended design.

The DBHLC was I believe 60x60x25". BUT got quite a bit lower. Maybe Ivan will see this and chime in.

I'd say the original dbh218 is going to compare favorably to the labs, at least in stacks smaller than 8 (where the longer horn path starts to actually come into play).

THe extended version is interesting though. It seems easier to garner a bit more sensitivity out of the 18sw115 when focusing on 30 and up (horn path between 280 and 300), in the 45x45x22.5 space (about 350 liters per driver), then it is to coax sensitivity out of a 25hz horn (horn length 400 to 420cm) in something semi close to the 45x60x22.5space (about 475 liters per driver). In fact I cant really get *good* 25hz sensitivity unless i'm giving about 600 liters per 18sw115s.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.