Top heavy sono sub

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a 6 foot tall sono tube sub. Its a 12" and the woofer is located at the top firing up. I recently put 4" furniture legs on the underside of it and now its even more top heavy then before. I thought about putting it downfiring but #1 I dont have any place to mount feet as the ring of the woofer is almost directly lined up with the ring of the sonotube. #2 I dont have a place to put the input termal cup unless I punched a hole in the side of the tube wall. So- any ideas on how to make this sonosub less wobbly and top heavy?

Shooting from the hip here.

Make it downfiring and;

1. Use a milk crate to raise it off the floor or
2. Cut a ring to fit around the outside of the tube and put legs on that.

3. Leave it upfiring and make three legs to act as flying buttresses.
4. Fasten it to the wall.

I think I have a solution. The carpet the tube is sitting on has too much "give". I put a stone slab underneath and it became less wobbly and sit up straight. So, I'm going to get a 12" or so round stone slab like you use to decorate the garden with, and attach it to the bottom with the feet/dowels while allowing my ports to breath. This will give it a nice firm heavy base (or bass?).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.