US based transducer maker

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Lets not forget Misco Speaker Company, one of USA's oldest, around when even I was a young youth :^).

Dayton Audio also is designed in the USA, with many of their loudspeakers also built here.
Great Plains Audio is USA based.

There are a number of others as well that don't have the longevity of the ones mentioned.

I wish Curt Graber's USA made Hyperspike transducers were available for sale..

Last edited:
According to their website they (Dayton) manufacture some of the lines in the USA, I did not look at each line to determine the overall percentage.

Dayton isn't really a manufacturer. It is a marketing arm of Parts Express for drivers designed by various independent driver engineers and built by various independent OEM's. This is in contrast to companies like ScanSpeak or SEAS, who design and build everything in-house. As for US manufacture, the majority of what is left is larger woofers and subs. And even these are slowly migrating off shore. Eminence has recently opened production facilities in China, for example

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.