2.1 channel amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear all,
I am from one of the begginers in electeonics hobbysists. I have some knowledge about electronics. I decided to build 2.1 channel amplifier with TDA7377 + LM4558D using schematic given on following site -
Circuit power audio amplifier with TDA7377 2.1 – Stereo + Subwoofer 2x 12 Watts + 37 Watts | Xtronic Free Electronic Circuits and Informations
Now, I have two 10w 4ohm satellite speakers and 50w 4ohm subwoofer. But after assembling circuit sound is anyway not coming. I am using 12v power supply. And usb mp3 player as sound i/p. But there is noise only. Please help me with this circuit. Whether LM4558D requires negative (-12v) power supply??
Please help.....!!!

....Whether LM4558D requires negative (-12v) power supply??....!

Hi,

The PCB doesn't allow a dual Supply so whats wrong with the shematic is the lack of bias needed to ensure proper Single Supply operation.

b:)

Attachments

• 2.1-30-watts-power-amplifier.JPG
    2.1-30-watts-power-amplifier.JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 553
Dear Sir,
Thank you so much for helping me. I will make mentioned changes in the circuit & surely let you know the result. Please let me know, what power of speaker should be taken ?? Same as amplifier per channel output , less or more?? I have matched ohm rating... Please suggest for amplifier power & speaker power...!!

Dear Sir,
Thank you so much for helping me. I will make mentioned changes in the circuit & surely let you know the result. Please let me know, what power of speaker should be taken ?? Same as amplifier per channel output , less or more?? I have matched ohm rating... Please suggest for amplifier power & speaker power...!!

I think your choice of Speakers are quite good compared to the Amplifiers.

A small Headroom of a Power +dBW margin counted from the L+R Amplifiers to the Speakers (Your minimum Headroom:10log(12/10)=~0.8 dBW) is OK for low level listening.
Normally I guess, 6-7 W feed into the Speakers should sound good(~3dBW margin).
Concerning the Sub 50 W rating I think it's more important to look at the Driver x-max that normally limit max input possible Power to a much lower value than what the Driver is rated to. 18.5W feed into the Sub givea a~3dBW margin...

What Drivers(Brand names) are you using in what type of cabinets ,in what internal Box Volumes?

b:)

Dear Sir,
You have mentioned about lack of bias in the circuit. But please note , IC1A & IC1B is single 8 pin IC (LM4558) . Similar case is for IC3A & IC3B. But in your provision you have only written IC1A , IC1B & IC3A . Sir, please let me know, whether same is appliable for IC3B also??/ Also please suggest, to which pin of IC1B the biasing circuit is to be connected??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.