Economical driver for 1.4 cu. ft. box

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Economical driver for 1.4 cu. ft. box?

Hi folks,

Looking for opinions on a decent sub driver for a 1.4 cubic foot box. The box in question used to be a JBL L88, so it's got a 12" cutout. My woodworking skills are pretty good, so I'm not married to a 12" driver--I'm well aware that most (all?) 12" drivers would require a bigger box. Not looking to make the most powerful sub in the world, just something relatively hi-fi, suitable for use in a smallish room. Will be driven by a ~100W amp.

Thanks,

John

Last edited:
Thanks for the recommendation, Cokewithlime. I've ordered that Dayton driver, along with a 300W plate amp. Here come da bass!

badman, thanks for the warning. I know the bolt pattern will be different--the JBL drivers only had 4! As for the cutout, the Dayton says 10.83", and I measure 11" on the box. Close enough? Probably. If not, I've got one of these and one of these I'm not afraid to use 'em. :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.