Subwoofer Setup Troubles

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Guys,

I have a definitive Supercube III subwoofer and a Yamaha DSP-AD3090 receiver. I have tried just about ever combo of the cable setup, but the subwoofer does not seem to make a sound.

Pictures of the equipment. Please kindly advise how the cables should go. I have a 3 cable red/green/blue that I think came with it. Thanks in advance for the help.

f9c406d9_20131027_000934.jpeg

471a2872_20131026_235942.jpeg

Hi Guys,

I have a definitive Supercube III subwoofer and a Yamaha DSP-AD3090 receiver. I have tried just about ever combo of the cable setup, but the subwoofer does not seem to make a sound.

Pictures of the equipment. Please kindly advise how the cables should go. I have a 3 cable red/green/blue that I think came with it. Thanks in advance for the help.

Would be Sub output on the receiver (the black one) to the yellow "LFE" on the sub.

Alternatively, if the receiver has left and right front "pre out" you could run those to the left and right inputs above the LFE jack.

Just don't do both.

Edit: Or just go from where it says "split" white (left) red (right) into the red/white on the sub.

It should make noise in any of those configurations.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.