Sub recommendations Please

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
I have just built adireaudio's Shiva EBS aligment subwoofer with a passive radiator. I'm running it with rythmik 350w amp and the passive is weighted to 252grams. The sub has very good response lower than 40hz. My front tower speakers are okay down to 40hz. I want to build a sealed subwoofer that has great response from 40hz to 80hz. I'm not very good at using simulating programs, so any advice or recommendations will be greatly apprechiated. Thanks for your time. Justin

why do you want subs for 40-80Hz?
If you are worried about giving your mains too much bass down to 40Hz then set the subwoofers crossover at 60 or 70Hz, you will not notice much difference and you will save yourself alot of money.
but if you are adament on building a sealed sub for the 40 -80 Hz range then u suggest a small sealed enclosue with a 10" driver, it will not go low but it doent need to, but it will likely be very tight, perhaps a peerless XLS 10" due to its very good quality, and remember this driver can go up into midbass and still sound fast.

leadbelly said:

Not only that, with many surround receivers, you cannot do this at all. That is, enabling the sub output forces all bass to the sub and subtracts it from the other outputs, even if you set speaker type to "large".

I was going to get to that if and when there was a reply,
it gets more complicated with a pure hi-fi stereo system.

:) sreten.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.