need help diagnosing problem with sub getting hot

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm not sure why the sub is getting hot...i had the amp tested with a oscilloscope..gain set correctly. Although I will note that the gain setting is only about 25%..given the pre-outs are 4 volt that seems ..off. I tested the voltage at the amp for any drastic spikes or drops in voltage..fairly steady around on either side of 13..600 watt sub and amp put out 612 watts..ported enclosure recommended by dd audio..sub is a DD 1512a .. . I'm stumped

the specifications say 600(rms)/2000(peak)...i'll have to ask the dd techs if that would be a problem but i think the problem may somehow connected to the fact that the amp clips at 25% gain level with 4 volt pre-out...should be closer to half ( .2 - 9 volt)...not sure what may be causing it... but then again i have it set so it doesn't clip so back to why is the sub getting hot..im stumped

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.