Tappedhorn with 18Sound 18W1000

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2013
Hey,
First i am sorry for my english ^-^

I am a german guy, who is leanring to build Tapped horns. As my first one i want to build this one:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/subw...raped-horn-go-35-ish-120-w-rcf-l18p200-4.html

I found this plan, im not sure if his folding is correct.
I recalculated S1 to S4, but i´m not sure if the directions are correct.

Here ist Hornresp Mask, and Sketchup modell

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Can somebody help me?

what do you mean by rate?
is this the audiophone pro 12 you mean?if so ,it looks like it doesn't need a kick bin,(if the grapf is tru)
maybe you can set the ev for extra bass?
if you wan't a lower squarer box you can make a double fold.something like the pal 12 (but for 18")
pal12.jpg

i'm sure whe can figur something out.

Disabled Account
Joined 2013
i think there is now way for me to "double fold" it, an 18inch speaker is too big for that.

the way from S1 over the middle part and down to the bottom is minmal 100cm, then the way over this whole construction to the end is minimal 200cm.

when i try to doublefold this horn i get a 1m x 1m x 0,6m tappedhorn with 388cm hornlengh...

i think i will build the high and uncomplicated construktion ^^

Last edited:
Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2013
The actual simulation is 1250mm x 600mm x 690mm and i think the maximum is reached.

The TH1819 is smaller and has a lower respone -> means lower effeciency and i dont need 30Hz bass.

i think, 90xm x 60cm x 70cm would be best size.

i think ill build a prototype of the big one, and then a folded version.

Last edited:
They will be different boxes and have different results. I suggest building a prototype of the finished, or something very similar to the finished design that you plan to use.

90x60x70 is deff. A decent amount of volume to work with. That's 378L. For 35-100hz with an 18" driver I'm sure you could make something work.

Is this going to be moved around? Or install only? (Moved into position once then sitting there...)

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2013
^??
This is an 18" tapped horn using stepped up/down folding for much more path length than you propose....

Yes it is rather large, but that's one of the requirements when building a proper tapped horn. Not an undersized, poor performing tapped horn.

His first part of the Horn as the same cross-section, my horn has a difference between s1, s2, s3 and s4. This makes the part in the middle bigger, and this is why the way around the construction of the middle part is longer and so got a hornelengh of 388cm.

It will be moved 5 -6 times in year, there will no problem if the weight is about 100kg

Last edited:
The actual simulation is 1250mm x 600mm x 690mm and i think the maximum is reached.

The TH1819 is smaller and has a lower respone -> means lower effeciency and i dont need 30Hz bass.

i think, 90xm x 60cm x 70cm would be best size.

i think ill build a prototype of the big one, and then a folded version.

No TH1819 is bigger H 125cm x W 58cm x D 80cm, with real net volume 461 lit.

Attachments

• TH_1819.doc
    28.5 KB · Views: 49
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.