Pyle plpw15d

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Looking for TS Parameters for these 15" subwoofers, actually, any info on box size and type would be helpful. Pyle refused to give me info on them, only that in a 2.5sq ft sealed or ported box would be recommended. Please ONLY positive info please, I've heard all the Pyle jokes.

The parameters would have to be measured after breaking them in for some time.
If they recommend 2.5ft³, then you could just simulate that in WinISD and tune the port in the sim as you which.
There is no way to know how it will turn out but if you use sensible numbers, you get an idea of what to expect.

So... what would you use it for and is there a tuning frequency you had in mind?
And how big can the box be maximum?

Well I have 2 of these 15 inch subs (rated at 1000 watts rms) I want to put them in my 2001 Hyundai Accent, I would like to know the size of enclosure they would require. As for how big I can go, hatch area is 34in. wide x 50in. long x 24in. high,( back seat is removed). Each sub is getting around 300 watts rms power.

Well right now they are in 1.75ft3 sealed box, (each in their own chamber). The amps are Dual xpa4100 300w rms 600 peak, had them for 3 years now and they work exceptionally good, even CEP rated. The system is around 1000 watts now and it's a daily driver so I really wanted a box that give a good punch for these kind of cheap subs. Not looking to blow the doors off, just rattle them like crazy!

Can't you measure them yourself? That would be the best way to go because even if you did know from there site, it still is doubtful they are correct.
The two drivers can each be different too.

Anyway, in a car it's hard to account for the parameters because the temperature changes too much. So this is one more reason to go sealed, it's more forgiving then ported.
On the other hand, you can build the box as large as possible and add a port, at the frequency you want. (31hz is the lowest note on a double bass guitar, 27.5hz is the lowest note on a grand piano)
If your not happy, just shut the port and you have a sealed box left over.

THIELE-SMALL PARAMRTERS
Resonance Frequency Fs: 29.02 HZ
DC Resistance Re: 3.4ohm+3.4ohm
Mechanical Q Factor Qms: 3.94
Electrical Q Factor Qes: 0.5199
Total Q Factor Qts: 0.4593
Equivalent Cas air load Vas: 195.68 L
Surface Area of Cone Sd: 0.082 m2
Efficiency Bandwidth Product EBP 55.8
Voice Coil Over Hang X-max 8 mm

Finally got results from company

THIELE-SMALL PARAMRTERS
Resonance Frequency Fs: 29.02 HZ
DC Resistance Re: 3.4ohm+3.4ohm
Mechanical Q Factor Qms: 3.94
Electrical Q Factor Qes: 0.5199
Total Q Factor Qts: 0.4593
Equivalent Cas air load Vas: 195.68 L
Surface Area of Cone Sd: 0.082 m2
Efficiency Bandwidth Product EBP 55.8
Voice Coil Over Hang X-max 8 mm

Finally got results from company
Open attachment

Attachments

• IMG_00000238.jpg
    IMG_00000238.jpg
    725.1 KB · Views: 135
Those are the subs in a 1.75 cu.ft. sealed box. Each sub is in its own chamber. Each sub gets 300 watts. The sound pounds pretty good, my rear wing shakes like crazy and the door panels flex slightly,the rear view mirror is senseless to use and with the windows up the weather strip for the windows buzz like a bee hive. Never the less it seems I should be able to get more out of these things if they were in a correct type and size box. Right now size is not an issue. Pyle stated that the optimum performance would be to put it in a 2.1 to 2.5 box, seems small to me but the sub is designed for small spaces. i always thought a 15 in sub needed more like 3 to 5 cu.ft. of airspace.

Still playing with numbers and trying to figure out which hz to tune them to. Looking in the 35-42 hz is the range I'm playing around with.I also want a cool looking box aka Decware WO for example but I have to experiment with sealed and ported.as for the size, looking at around 4 cu ft per chamber .Winisd is getting me in the ballpark, but real world in car is the only way to tell.Will keep you posted, until then back to scratching my head for ideas.

Last edited:
All things considered, building the biggest sealed cab that will fit and using EQ to shape its frequency response to 'taste' seems the best overall choice, especially since I have little faith in the published specs, so isolating them in their own chambers seems a good plan also.

Ditto if you choose to vent as these specs calculate a ~316 L/11.16 ft^3 max flat alignment, so your ~6.75 ft^3/driver available space is relatively small.

GM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.