Need Help Sourcing a Mission Subwoofer Service Manual / Need Advice on a Repair - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd July 2013, 03:42 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to MChandler
Default Need Help Sourcing a Mission Subwoofer Service Manual / Need Advice on a Repair

Hi Guys,

I'm not sure if this is the right place on the forums for this (if not could a moderator move it please), but I need to get a service manual for a Mission E8AS1 Subwoofer. The main supply/amplifier board has burnt itself a bit and a few components are un-recognisable/ vaporised!

I've phoned Mission and they won't give it too me, I've phoned a authorised service shop and they won't sell me one, I've either got to pay 222.24 for a new amplifier plate, pay 55 an hour + Parts & Vat for the service guys to do it or try to mod a class D amplifier to fit in there as I can't guess what was in there.

Click the image to open in full size.

TL;DR - Mission subwoofer amplifier board needs repair, cannot get a manual and new one is overpriced. What do you recommend I do?

Last edited by MChandler; 2nd July 2013 at 04:02 PM.
Old 3rd July 2013, 08:35 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Hi,
Not much help, I'm afraid, but you could buy a second hand one from ebay then sell it on again once you have taken all the information from it.
Old 2nd March 2014, 08:45 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Hi,

Did you ever get anywhere finding any docs on this?

My E8AS1 is showing no signs of life today.

I am just about to open it up for a look.

Jeff

Hide this!Advertise here!