Dayton Titanic MK2 Drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dayton (Parts Express) has introduced a new set of Titanic sub drivers. These seem geared to smaller box sizes than the NHT1259 and the old T-1200. For a sealed box, analyzing w/ WinISD, F3 increases about 8Hz to ~36Hz with a 44% drop in internal volume. A huge factor in my current home/sig. other situation while sticking to a sealed box! Other than this hit in F3 are there any other concerns I should be aware of with these drivers? Has anyone played with these yet? (I understand they haven't been out too long) As always any input is greatly appreciated.

-Pete Kunz

hi pete,

this is one of those, "i haven't tried it myself but..."

anyway, have you checked out the the hometheater forum sites?

i remember reading a couple of threads regarding the mk2

you can try this one if you haven't seen it.

unfortunately, nobody really gives you a direct answer there (sorry, i can't find the other posts). the dayton subs have a fairly good reputation and if the TS parameters work for you.

if small size is paramount, have you thought of a sub with active eq?

Thank you for the link,
There were quite a few discussions there on how dramatically different the MK2 drivers are from the 'old' versions, but I also discovered that these drivers are not even available yet (sometime in March?)
I guess I'll have to think over the Volume vs. F3 trade, but for music only 35Hz is likely sufficient. Thanks again.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.