searching a non very expansive 18" double coil sub

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi ,
I have a 97 litres sealed beautiful cabinet very strong, that need a 18" very low Fs and large Qts imho end high Cms too, plus very high Mms i think.
I am not interested in frame coil diametre , max power ,Xmax , etc, only cost and the" right" T/S parameters to go approx Qtc about 0,7- 0,9 in 97 litres 100% stuffed fiberglass and Fc and F3 about 35 Hz or less.
Vented eventualy is possible ( a 5,5 " pipe is sufficent imho).
I do not have found nada if not a monstre TC sound (or similar) at 800/ 900 USD :-(, that is the double or the triple of my poor budget .
Thanks for help nd every comment will be very appreciated ! :)

Cheers
Paolo Venezia Italy

Awkward. :eek:
Let me ask, why is that?! And if you don't have the money why looking at such a system in any way related to the TC sounds.
An 18" doesn't go very low and a 97L enclosure might be a very small box.
To solve your problem maybe you can use a 15" DVC or a double 18" driver system. Also good 18" drivers are:

BMS - 18N860-/862 - Look at their project here
Eminence - Omega Pro-18
Beyma - 18G40
B&C - 18 PS 100
Eminence - Delta Pro-18A
Eminence - Sigma Pro-18

Woofers • 18" • Europe Audio
Subwoofers • 15" • Europe Audio

hello,

Since inertial is from Italy, Monaco SPH-450TC would be a good candidate.
I use this one for home cinema, it's a very good sub with a strong motor and the price is low.
I got it from Germany, best pricing. (eBay ;) )
Qtc in a 97l box would be 0,616 with this woofer
Qtc 0,7 in a 69l box

Vented in 90l (accounting for port volume) and tuned to 31hz (lowest note on a double bass guitar)
If also used for HT, use a HPF.

Last edited:
double coil 18 sw wanted cheap but good

Hi, thank you guys for the help! ;)

I am in favour of the eminence double coil vented or, better, much better for the Integrity sub, a real monster to my poor eyes!"!
one pound of Mms!!! good for little closed box as mine! :cool:

This woofer is amazing IMHO, but they claim must be ordered and wait for 4 months!! :eek:

OK, if this is the standard procedure...
Where they produce it , in the moon?:D

But they are rookie factory or expert ?
162 usd are over my desire and I am propense to buy one tomorrow if you give me "techinical OK", I never seen this company.:p

So thanks again but one more question: ok, it is only a sub belowe 100 Hz 12 dB octave low pass, but 440 gr Mms isn't too much also with strong motor ( B&W 15" are 350 gr MMs and they fire up to 350 Hz but IMHO do not sound "fast"...:(

Cheers
Paolo
PONTELLO
PHASELESS - HIGH END SPEAKERS HANDCRAFTED IN ITALY (ve)

hi ,
I have a 97 litres sealed beautiful cabinet very strong, that need a 18" very low Fs and large Qts imho end high Cms too, plus very high Mms i think.
I am not interested in frame coil diametre , max power ,Xmax , etc, only cost and the" right" T/S parameters to go approx Qtc about 0,7- 0,9 in 97 litres 100% stuffed fiberglass and Fc and F3 about 35 Hz or less.
Vented eventualy is possible ( a 5,5 " pipe is sufficent imho).
I do not have found nada if not a monstre TC sound (or similar) at 800/ 900 USD :-(, that is the double or the triple of my poor budget .
Thanks for help nd every comment will be very appreciated ! :)

Cheers
Paolo Venezia Italy

Hi Paolo,

Still looking for a Driver? Have a look at the submitted calculations that tries to expand your given requirements to a more complete set of Driver T/S worth looking for..

b :)

Attachments

• Inertial.JPG
    Inertial.JPG
    399.6 KB · Views: 138
Thanks bjorn, but I know the calculation procedures.
I only need a double coil woofer.
For the moment in Italy I have found Ciare HS323 (if I remember correctly) that is good for a B4 reflex in about 65 liters, with the added parasitic resistence of the coil in series for low pass. It's not optimal but I have more liters of minimum so I can go.
And it costs about 220 Euro. It's a 12".

Thanks for reading.

Indubitabilly i prefer a 18 " instead a 12 , because 97 liters closed 100% stuffed is more right IMHO.

Someone know KCS woofers professional ESPANOLs ?

A friend of mine would be sell to me for a fews euros a 18" double coil swf KCS, but I am not able to found any link to raw drivers, only speakers.
If someone kow I will be very happy, T/S parameters would be very important for me! :)

Cheers
Paolo-Phaseless speakers
Italy (VENEZIA)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.