All about Sub's , Good sub design , 12" driver .

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi ,

I'am intersted in building 2 good subwoofer with a 12" drivers , the driver specification's :

Size: 12"
Magnet weight: 60oz
Voice Coil: 2.5"
Max.Power: 300W
Frequency Response: 25-4KHz
Sensitivity(1W/1M): 90dB

I found those driver cheap , i'am not interested in a Hifi Subwoofer , maybe a P.A. type .

Horn or bandpass maybe a good idee . Also i want somethink with a good kick . Feel free to post here pic's with scheme for subwoofer's .

Thank's very much !
Mihai .

Attachments

• dya1056-68.jpeg
    dya1056-68.jpeg
    13.5 KB · Views: 366

The driver u want to use is a very cheap car subwoofer,which might be ok in a bandpass enclosure.
The wattage reading on that subwoofer is very misleading
[300w max],which probably the rms wattage of that sub is 150w-100w rms.
25hz for a very cheap unknown make car subwoofer,another manufactor exaggeration or it's at -12 db.
So without other parameters like X max,BL product,Peak displacement Volume,it would be trial and error to see how it would work in a bandpass.
www.dancetech.com under the pa section has plans of a 12 inch reflex bass bin to make.
Use 3/4 inch particle board to build the enclosure with in case the driver sounds horrible in that size box then at least u won't have wasted much money on buying expensive materials like birch plywood.
Line the back panel of the cabinet with wadding[ polyester stuffing,like used in pillows, is cheaper and much safer than fiberglass wadding].Glue it and staple it/machine tack it to the cabinet from inside to stop the wadding from flapping.
Use thick wire in the cabinet anything between 12 gauge-16 gauge is ok.

:dodgy: :dead:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.