TH-18 subs with USB upper bass

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Looking for something new to build for a secondary rig.
I've never heard the sound from a tapped horn before but very interested in making some.

The TH-18 Xoc1 design, has got the nod so far for sub, and going purely on stacking dimensions,
2x TH-18 standing side by side are spot on for width with Davey T's USB for kick/upper bass.

Firstly has anyone combined these two cabs in a 2-way bass setup?
What are the best woofers to load the TH-18's with?
What other options are there for upper bass?

Will most probably run 2x12" BR mids and 2" or 1.4" comps.

I have one tapped horn, it's design came from the single sheet tapped horn thread on here. Its a very smooth sound. I also use 2 dual 10" folded horns in my setup for 35-160 Hz, those are as loud as a single 21". I once played around with an 18" horn, its was a monster. I personally love horns.

Actually, I just designed a mid/top horn, it's a 12"/ 1" comp 2-way enclosure. This MT-112 will get 50Hz-20kHz. I'm in the process of building it this weekend. If you're interested in the design, I will be releasing it after I'm done building the two enclosures. It looks like the width of Xoc1's TH-18 is ~24" which is the same as my MT-112 enclosure, so it will fit flush on top.

Heres a Link, and render of the MT-112 (I don't have the HF Horn rendered on here)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.