Help with WinISD Pro Alpha 0.50a7 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th March 2013, 04:21 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Help with WinISD Pro Alpha 0.50a7

I am trying to model a pair of Alpine SRW-1022D subwoofers in WinISD Alpha Pro 0.50a7. The program apears to be corruped; I can't close it without using Contol/alt/delete. I would like to un and reinstall it, but can't find the saved projects in Windows Vista and I would like to save them before I lose everything with an re-install.

I am barely computer literate although I am an Architectural Drafter and can waltz around AutoCAD Architecture along with the best and can draw anything in 3D including drawing the world's fastest street car, but...

Anyway, the sub specks are here;
http://www.alpine.com.au/files/curre.../SWR-1542D.pdf

And WinISD claims a ported box of 1.783 cu. ft. tuned to 22.8 Hz with a 6 inch x 1.5 inch x 23.98 inch port will reach f3 of about 20Hz.

Am I on the right track? I want to build a pile of distributed bass subs (4?) to augment my Altec 8 cu. ft. 418 8h II guitar speakers and 808 8a/ 32B horns which are good for something like 100db/1watt/1meter and which sound great down to about 50 Hz. F3=44 hz.

The Alpines are a couple that my son wants to sell and I think that they look good on paper.

I am thinking that I want to power them with a Crown XLS Drivecore amp of I don't know what wattage and need at least 100 db at 14 feet listening distance.

Any help would be appreciated.

James

Last edited by VolvoHeretic; 29th March 2013 at 03:19 PM.
Old 29th March 2013, 08:10 AM   #2
Zero D is offline Zero D  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Hi, sorry to hear about that !

First things first

The easiest way to try & locate the projects folder is, first to go to the Windows Start button bottom left of your screen. Then click on Search, & type in projects

Windows should find it for you, then you can copy/paste the Entire folder to another location for now, eg the Desktop.

Once you've done that uninstall, reboot, reinstall. Confirm if it now works or not. If it doesn't say so.

If it does, locate the projects folder as above, right click on it & delete it. Keep that area open but minimise it & then left click on the previous projects folder you saved & select CUT. Maximise what you minimised & then right click in an empty space & select PASTE. You should now have All your projects inside that folder. Run WinISD & confirm they work.

Right now i don't have time to look into the design for you, but if nobody else jumps in, i'll post back at some point for you.
Old 29th March 2013, 02:39 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Quote:
WinISD claims a ported box of 1.783 cu. ft.
(1.783ft³ = 50.5L) Isn't it small?
Quote:
Am I on the right track? I want to build a pile of distributed bass subs (4?) to augment my Altec 8 cu. ft. 418 8h II guitar speakers and 808 8a/ 32B horns
You say it's for home, so no limited space.
Old 29th March 2013, 02:50 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

ALPINE SWR-1542D, VB = 110.0 L, FB = 20.0 Hz
F3 = 21/18 Hz (free field/in room).
A sealed enclosure (VB = 90.0 L) gives you a nice Qtc and F3 in the 30's (Hz). Not bad also.
Old 29th March 2013, 03:24 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Thanks Zero D, I will try that tonight.
And thanks also Inductor, but the speaker I will be using is the Alpine SRW-1022D 10inch sub, it's just that I only found the specs for it on a pdf for the SWR-1542D.

Last edited by VolvoHeretic; 29th March 2013 at 03:29 PM.
Old 4th May 2013, 06:11 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Just an update; Picked up the Alpines this weekend. They are SWR 1040D and I can't find any T/S parameters for them.

New dilema; I want to power them with a Crown DC300A amp, but I can't find any electronic low pass crossover other than cheap auto ones or 2 way with sub out pro ones. Any suggestions?

This might be posted in the wrong section, but...

Here is what I have been looking at.

Pyramid CR66 http://www.pyramidcaraudio.com/sku/CR66/Electronic-Low-Pass-Crossover
NADY CX-22SW 12db/octave http://www.nady.com/manuals/audio/cx22sw.pdf
Berhinger CX3210 24db/ octave http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/CX2310.aspx

Some DIY electronic wiz should design, build, and sell a good, modestly priced low pass filter for the home audiophile crowd.
Old 4th May 2013, 08:34 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

The Behringer one is, IMO, worth a try - I have no complaints with mine.
Old 5th May 2013, 11:34 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

Hi, did you manage to retrieve your saved projects ?

If you're confident about building a Xover ? i can give you a link to several

The Berhinger CX3210 looks Very good @ the $
Old 5th May 2013, 06:10 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Zero, nope, I know that Projects are in C:/Program Files/Linearteam/WinISD Pro, but I can't see it. I went to Control Panel and clicked show hidden files and unclicked hide protected operating system files, but still can't see it.

I read on some other thread that it is a common problem of having to use task manager to shut down WinISD, so I guess it is what it is.

I have no electronic skills and just want to by one.

Last edited by VolvoHeretic; 5th May 2013 at 06:15 PM.
Old 5th May 2013, 09:21 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Did you actually use the Windows SEARCH to look for Projects ?

I've had another thought, which "might" locate them. Use the WS & type wpr

That's the WinISD extension name for your saves. It's possible they got saved in another place due to some glitch etc. If so & they are in there somewhere, my tip WILL find them If you do, then you can cut/paste them back into Projects.

Re Xover. OK, i'd go with the Berhinger in that case.

Let me know if you locate your files.

Hide this!Advertise here!