Breakin of woofer and stability in TS. - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd March 2013, 07:16 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Breakin of woofer and stability in TS.

Although breakin of speaker is debated subject. I found that it makes sense to breakin the woofer before its used.

As I received a pair of woofer, they were put for breakin. After 12 hours its resonance frequency changed from 70Hz to 54Hz. I left them untouched for 24Hrs. And again measured its resonance frequency. Now the the resonance frequency was 66Hz.
From what was experienced, I think , the TS of unused drivers are different from the warmedup drivers. we need to breakin everytime before we measure the TS. because while listening to music the TS would change. and if we design woofer without warmup, the speakers might not sound really good after a couple of minutes.

what procedure do you follow? pl share your experience.
Old 23rd March 2013, 10:39 AM   #2
OMNIFEX is offline OMNIFEX  Jamaica
diyAudio Member

Hi.

I literally measure the TS Parameters of all my drivers using ARTA. A slight deviation in the fs, usually won’t make a huge factor on the loudspeaker’s overall performance. However, a significant change in the Q will.
Old 23rd March 2013, 11:13 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMNIFEX View Post
Hi.

I literally measure the TS Parameters of all my drivers using ARTA. A slight deviation in the fs, usually wonít make a huge factor on the loudspeakerís overall performance. However, a significant change in the Q will.
Yes, I forgot to mention, Q and Vas, which makes the difference changes too..

Hide this!Advertise here!