double 15 th with the 18 sound 15 nlw9401 4r

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
just sharing this:D
no measurements jet,they wil be taken next couple of weeks.
whe just hooked it up with a qsc 3k6 and the powesoft digimod pfc-su 3000.
all i can say, it was vision blurring loud.
the low end seems pretty close to the sim.
whe where planning the bild when the new cnc router is in place,but whe couldn't wait for it + whe had some time last week.
the sim,top one is normal setup and bottom is ppsl modus.
dubbel%2015%20met%20en%20zonder%20corectie%20s2.jpg

dubbel%20nlw159401.jpg

finished it should look like this
dubbel%2015%203d.jpg

some bild pics
foto.JPG

foto2.JPG

foto3.JPG

foto4.jpg

foto17.jpg

foto19.jpg

foto18.jpg

did a quick measurement today.
outside 1mtr with uncalibrated ecm8000.
it comes verry close to the sim,only the bottom end seems to fall of earlier.
maybe due to rising le and the mic a litle bit.
otoh it sounds pretty much that way.
no imp/distortion measurement yet,and also no ppsl measurements,no time for that.
1e%20meting%20normal%20buiten%201mtr.PNG

hi oliver
no filters.
maybe when the grill mesh stiffens the mouth,it might ad a lttle around 40.:wrench:
to bad whe had only 2 hours today,i like to do some extencive tests
Unfortunately stiffening cabinet walls generally improves upper output, not lower, and your design looks pretty stiff to start with.

You could try reducing the mouth size slightly, it will bring up the LF output, but reduce the upper output.

hi art
the mouth area is indeed to big.(and a bit flappy)
still to do is doubling the mouth ends thickness from about 20 cm from the end,then a few bracings to support the grill ,and the grill itself.
that all wil reduce the mouth by a bit.
but yes i wil try something to reduce to see what it does(maybe a keystone slot:p)

nice thing about the dsp program of the powersoft amp,is that i can import the mlssa data ,and correct it.

the min excursion point is around 39 hz,in the sim its 38...

tnx for the input.

hi art
the mouth area is indeed to big.(and a bit flappy)
still to do is doubling the mouth ends thickness from about 20 cm from the end,then a few bracings to support the grill ,and the grill itself.
that all wil reduce the mouth by a bit.
but yes i wil try something to reduce to see what it does(maybe a keystone slot:p)

nice thing about the dsp program of the powersoft amp,is that i can import the mlssa data ,and correct it.

the min excursion point is around 39 hz,in the sim its 38...

tnx for the input.
The things you already plan to do will probably lower the excursion minima frequency by 1Hz.

A Keystone slot wouldn't work with your fold (as you knew), but it would be worth an experiment with an opening shape like this: ) (.

yesterday i took some more measurements,with different audio interface.
there was no difference between the one @ post 11 and this one.

it seems i have underestimated the mouth positsion in therms of loading.
measurments post 11 where taken vertical on a cart ,yellow line (raised 25db),
the blue line is vertical floor standing and the red line is horizontal on the floor.
the horizontal setup not only looks (and sounds) less peaky,it also puts out 4 db more.
meting%2022-3%202.JPG

since whe wil be using it vertical,whe are going to design a box same size with a mouth at the bottom.

whe put some power on it,and found that excursion above ~16 to 20mm on kick drums,it wil sound"woppy"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.