B&C dealer - prices too good to be true?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
guangui,
Your comment is right on. If I wanted these speakers and the price was right and the distributor was on the list from the manufacturer I would have no qualms about purchasing from them. If I wanted someone to hold my hand perhaps not but you better expect to pay more for that service. The warranty will be the same and the product is the same so you are only giving up the quick response and that may not even be true with the shipping to your door. Sometimes the reality is the company with the fancy website and great phone service is terrible the minute you need to return something or ask a real technical question. They may just be better salesman and not more technically adept. I think he should just pay the price for the closest dealer to him in Canada and support his local countryman myself. He wants a deal and full service at a discounted price. You can't win them all.

Thanks for all your information and trying to help. Enjoy the weather and have a nice tropical drink for me. From one American to another.

The question is do you want a good deal or not? Obviously you are not interested in the good deal, or you would have ordered already. You want the whole experience, the service, the fancy easy to navigate website with more products than Walmart, the fair price, the order confirmation and order has shipped e-mails, the tracking link with the shipping company, etc. Nothing bad with that.

But is it a good deal? I still have no shipping quote. You stated that they offer free shipping in the US. Someone else said shipping is $20, and that is indeed a selectable option in the shopping cart, it's even labelled "best option". The other shopping cart option (and I think probably the only correct answer) is $90. This ambiguity is bad business, I've got 3 different answers and the store owner clearly is not interested in communicating.

Assuming $90 is the correct answer, the best deal is the current ebay listing, not celectronicusa, and the ebay retailer actually has stock ready to ship. If the ebay dealer is responsive to emails he is probably going to get my money.

There are trade-offs, and with Celectronics you trade great price for so-so customer service. You are the customer, and it's up to you what to do. But, taking in consideration what I just mentioned you are being not harsh, but rude and behaving like a $10K order corporate customer. After all it's 85 Deg. F here, and some of us rather be in the beach or at a small local open-air bar (chinchorro), tons of those around, enjoying the weather and friendly people that are joking with you, and not complaining. Who knows, if you would have purchased 4 days ago, the drivers would have been at your doorstep already. In business I learned that grabbing the phone and calling (human touch) gives you a better feel of who you are dealing with; they don't teach this at Yale, Harvard, Wharton or Bentley. Dirkwright is right when he says a simple phone call would have suffice; a concept difficult to grasp in the internet e-business era.

If there is something that I have learned in the last year is to stop, take a deep breath, relax, lay back, and smell the fresh air. I never did that for 25 yrs., and feels so good. But, to each his own.

A simple phone call would probably clear this up. That is true, but there was no phone number to call until last night but that's not the point.

You are making the point that I am being unreasonable. I don't think it's unreasonable to request a shipping quote in a timely manner without having to create an account and give all kinds of personal information.

It would have taken 30 seconds to answer my email and reap the rewards of good public relations instead of... whatever he's doing here. Now he's lost my business and you can be sure I'll tell everyone I know about my experiences with this retailer.

Anyway, flame me if you like but I won't buy from someone that refuses to answer emails espcially before the sale. If you guys think that's harsh you can give him your money and let me know how long it takes to get an RMA if you have a problem.

Last edited:
I trade software as a sole trader and have plenty of time to deal with questions both pre and post sale. I am happy to take calls anytime of day or night.
But this because it is more of a hobby and I am not really worried about selling loads or making millions.

On the other hand their are wholesalers who don't have time to deal with every question put to them. They are busy getting orders out.

Its a case of paying your money and taking your choice.
You can get it dirty and cheap with little customer service or pay bigger bucks and get the attention you require.

J-A-G, again, to each his own, and you spend your hard earned CAD's as you wish. If an EBay retailer makes more sense to you, then that should be who you buy from. It's up to you who you buy from. Just talking from the point of view of a businessperson who has dealt in international business for many years; that's all.

I am laughing because I do understand your point. But, at the same time this thread has been going on for days, by know you should have bought from whoever and your project would almost done, if not finished already.

I trade software as a sole trader and have plenty of time to deal with questions both pre and post sale. I am happy to take calls anytime of day or night.
But this because it is more of a hobby and I am not really worried about selling loads or making millions.

On the other hand their are wholesalers who don't have time to deal with every question put to them. They are busy getting orders out.

Its a case of paying your money and taking your choice.
You can get it dirty and cheap with little customer service or pay bigger bucks and get the attention you require.

Nigelwright, resumed my posts and arguments very clearly with just a few words...:usd:

I inquired about shipping transit time for the SW100s back in October via their contact form on their website. The same day, they replied via email that they would check. I replied the day after to ask if they had luck finding shipping time, or how long they'd be on sale ($315 + shipping). 4 days later they replied with shipping cost for each driver (even though I determined this on their site, it was kind of nice to get that confirmed) and that I would "have the speakers in 5 labor days." But, no info on the sale duration for the drivers.

February came and I decided I should order the drivers before I missed the sale (site showed the SW100s in stock). They were having website problems (links just opened blank white pages - even the contact form), so I found our old email convo and brought the problem up to him/them. They fixed the problem by the following day and I submitted my order on their site via Paypal within that week.

I still had not received shipping confirmation (nor order confirmation via email like most sites) by Feb. 25th. Paypal went through, money was withdrawn from the bank and no confirmation from Celectronic. I then contacted them that day, stating the above, and asked when my order would ship if it hadn't already. I also inquired about another driver. The next day I got a reply. They apologized for the delay and said my order should go out that day and that he has the other driver I inquired about in stock. He proceeded to tell me he would wait to ship my order in case I wanted the other driver. I asked just for the original order since I wouldn't save anything on shipping :/ He said they'd go out the next day (Feb. 27).

Mar. 1st I sent an email asking for shipping confirmation again.
Mar. 4th still no reply. Sent another email. Asked for status and ETA.
Mar. 5th still no reply. I emailed regarding my worry, order status and asked if I should get refunded.
Mar. 6th I emailed sales@celectronicusa.com opposed to replying to the address in the email string (pcboard2003@yahoo.com - paypal address as well), raising concern, reminding them of all email attempts.
Mar 6th (afternoon) received a reply with an apology ("sorry for late reply"). He said the speakers were out of stock, but will ship Friday, he'll supply a tracking number and if I have any questions, just ask him.
Mar 6th I asked a couple questions, including a phone number request
Mar 8th (Friday eve) I sent an email asking if my order shipped as promised.
Mar. 9th (early) I received an email containing: yes - I did not receive a phone number.
Mar 9th I kindly asked for a tracking number

As of today, I still haven't received a tracking number or a phone number. I also noticed the price of this driver went up $70 since placing my order.

Last edited:
Like I posted earlier, if its too good to be true, then it probably is. There are so many things that you should have seen as red flags. If you take in account the time you've wasted with this company, then you haven't saved anything. You should only buy from companies with a proven track record.

I only buy from:
Parts Express
US Speaker
Loudspeakers Plus
Assistance Audio
Pro Sound Service

It seems < 90% of the time I have better luck receiving a response when using their website contact form vs replying to a previous email. Example: I emailed them ~3 times asking for a tracking number for my package that supposedly shipped Friday. It wasn't until I contacted them via their website contact form that I received a response from them including my tracking number. I plugged it into ups.com and this is what it read:

Location Date Local Time Activity

Secaucus, NJ, United States 03/09/2013 6:50 A.M. Departure Scan

Secaucus, NJ, United States 03/08/2013 11:53 P.M. Arrival Scan

Parsippany, NJ, United States 03/08/2013 10:51 P.M. Departure Scan

03/08/2013 7:25 P.M. Origin Scan

United States 03/08/2013 3:42 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

That's great news. Several weeks behind schedule but great news.

I can offer my own update. It's a true ironic twist of fate. I ordered a pair of 18tbw100 from the ebay seller. (I made a "best offer" for even less than the "buy it now" price of $349 each and they accepted.) Right before closing the deal I sent a quick note to make sure the price was not a mistake and they would actually be able to come through at the agreed price. It turns out it was a mistake. So I saved them at least $500 ($50 each for 10 items listed + whatever amount they accepted for "best offers" below the asking price) and screwed myself out of a fantastic bargain. I think they mixed up tbx and tbw and I'm not the kind of guy to try to force them to honor a mistake.

So now I'm back where I started. The local dealer is my best option. (Celectronic raised the price on my product of interest as well, and while they are still a few bucks cheaper I don't think I need to explain why I'm not going to order from them.) I'm going to grab a bunch of Duratex at the same time so I'll have to save up for a while more before I can go ahead with that.

At least now I can support the local guy and not lose sleep because it cost me several hundred dollars to do so.

Last edited:
Ok, I apologize, my questions were not a very warm welcome to the forum.

Please understand you stepped into a very controversial discussion and as an anonymous newcomer I was a bit skeptical for several reasons, especially since your grammar strongly suggests english is not your first language. Nothing wrong with that of course, just an unfortunate coincidence.

Also you've made multiple purchases from a single website that has only been on the web for a year. When I was a student I couldn't afford lunch. Another reason for my skepticism. But definitely not impossible.

The third reason for my doubt was that a few hundred people have read this conversation and you are the first that has any kind of positive experience with this company.

So I apologize for questioning you, and welcome to the forum.

Do teachers even teach grammar and spelling in school anymore or is it just text shorthand? It seems that nobody has time to look over what they write these days and it does lead to much confusion and many argumentative moments when the reader misinterprets what someone else is trying to say. Now for all those that are not Natural English speakers I have no problem with you, but those who speak it as a first language have no excuse.

Hello to all of you I want to inform you that B&C Speakers is a manufacter of great quality product and I will like that you try their products no matter where you get them from I know that you won't regret it. What I do know is that what Crescendo has ordered he has received. It's human to fail sometimes and it's wise to admit your flaws.

I woul like to thank this forum for comunicating me that there where talking about www.celectronicusa.com. As you may already know English is not my strong language, to fix this problem i have hired a bilingual person so that he can answer your emails and calls. In Puerto Rico we are known as Corcovada Electronics and we have been around 25 years in the market. We are mayorist of a lot of the products that appear on our website. If you wish to know more about us you can visit Corcovada Electronic - Hatillo, United States - Negocio local | Facebook
Finally Just a Guy we are sorry that we coudnt help you faster because our language problem we are here to serve in all that is within our reach.

ATT Manuel

^I wouldn't have assumed this. Still don't. I could be wrong, but - it just looks as if he typed in a semi-hurry, that's all. I've seen way worse from English-only speaking individuals still. And even worse yet through texting these days.

The type of errors made by typing in a hurry are very different (spelling errors) than those made by those whose first language is not english (wrong words/wrong tense). I read all of his posts and I'm not going to quote specific instances but it's pretty clear.

Anyway, I apologize again to Mid Low.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.