What's with the utube vids on small speakers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I ordered an ND105-8 and a pair of TC9FD-8s to put together a mini desktop system. I went to utube to see what anyone had done with this tiny woofer. Every frikkin video has some adolescent rigging it into a cardboard box, sonotube, car pillar, or plywood quick rig, sits next to it with his cell phone cam trained on the cone, and just sits there giggling at the cone flopping around like a redneck carnival.

Between the limits of the driver yearning to rap at 128db and a shitty cell phone mic the video just sounds like a leaf shredder. And all the comments are.... "woooo man! FAntastic!!!!!!" "Gotta git me some of that".

Is this the target audience for these things? Can they do straight up musical bass in decent setup with a little T amp?

The vision of that OB might be similar to that one evoked by OP in youtube
video :p

Oui :rolleyes::usd:
If you read carefully (or translate) the above link I posted, they explain some of the things you shouldn't do. It's that what you mean? I don't understand your joli comment. If it's only that you can leave at that. If anything helping the OP (or OB) please be my guest...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.