basscats

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I like cats.
I like bass.
This is a thread with both.

cats-subs03.jpg

cats-subs02.jpg

cat modeling a very fine subwoofer

If anyone has some pics of "cats with subs", post 'em!

Cats are like us, whenever they spot a speaker they are drawn to it. Especially if it is a loud subwoofer. :D

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I still think he got a bit surprised by the directivity of the tapped horn when he walked in front of it. :p

Ok, I'll ask - what's with the square-mouthed horn and the 6 3x7 piezos on top of it? :)

The straight square-mouthed horn is a one I build for testing how mid-range drivers actually perform in horns before designing a specific horn for them. The piezos were bought for testing how a BF-style array works. But I have not had any success with getting them to work well. I just used this setup to listen to some music with the tapped horn. Not very hifi ;)

The yellow car is my TVR 2500M :)

Maybe cats are not able to hear as low as we are?

The piezos were bought for testing how a BF-style array works. But I have not had any success with getting them to work well.

Looks like you went with the 3x7 Goldwoods? The 2x5 piezos would have been a much better choice IMO. Note however that, based on some tests I've done, you should be able to flatten the response curve of those 3x7s quite significantly by opening them up and adding a small bit of damping materiai (I used Dynamat Extreme because I had some lying around) to the back of the piezo disks. Don't expect much below about 3 kHz though.

BTW, the best results I've seen so far have been when I married the driver section from a GRS 2x5 piezo to the horn section of a Goldwood 2x piezo. Costs $4 in total, which is still less than most tweeters :).

good friends good diy good built good help good cats good kindness and good morning. give some kindness to cats that be sure u will happy and automatic make u away from do the dangerous with them by natural of mind. this is a pic that he is interested in tha small fighter.

smft.jpg

friends now i hv a new cat. cat lady who came to my home. she delivered 5 small cats. i got 1 of them. he is the kid of thong. i named the kid "Thongmuan" thong is the gold. muan like someting rolling. Thongmuan is a thailand dessert . the taste is sweet. if u see the kid it seems the gold color roll around his body.

33513fc1-5ea1-43ae-9723-7f827d488cea.jpg

DSCF0271.JPG

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.