This box doesn't make sense... - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th February 2013, 06:59 PM   #21
bjorno is offline bjorno  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to bjorno
Hi,
To change the 'doesn't make sense' to 'makes sense in post#1':
Here is a few easy calculations (cut and paste pictures') to ponder on, added here in order to clarifying the usefulness of the driver.. or not, if you disagree...

b
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Polk_12_calc.jpg (947.6 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg Polk-12_HR-plots_.jpg (772.8 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg Polk_12_isobaric_Damped-Port_Damped-Box.JPG (605.1 KB, 55 views)
Old 12th February 2013, 09:44 PM   #22
OscarS is offline OscarS  United States
diyAudio Member

WinISD is fully capable of graphing cone excursion. I suggest you look around the menus on the charts. It is there.
Old 14th February 2013, 06:02 AM   #23
Siorus is offline Siorus  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjorno View Post
Hi,
To change the 'doesn't make sense' to 'makes sense in post#1':
Here is a few easy calculations (cut and paste pictures') to ponder on, added here in order to clarifying the usefulness of the driver.. or not, if you disagree...

b
Thanks for taking the time to put all of that together, I appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OscarS View Post
WinISD is fully capable of graphing cone excursion. I suggest you look around the menus on the charts. It is there.
I didn't see it in a cursory look through WinISD Pro alpha the other day; I've never done a simulation with it (just looked around a bit) so I'm not that familiar with it.

I did manage to find the cone excursion graph in it when I went back and looked more closely last night, though. Annoyingly, WinISD Pro does not work well on this machine; it crashes out with a memory access violation whenever I try to exit it. Not sure if it's the machine or the program, WinISD beta hasn't exactly been bug-free for as long as I've been playing with it (years...) either, so...

I did go back and recheck *every* menu in WinISD beta as well: WinISD Beta tour - YouTube I don't see that capability anywhere.

I'll have to familiarize myself with WinISD Pro.
Old 14th February 2013, 12:41 PM   #24
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siorus View Post
Thanks for taking the time to put all of that together, I appreciate it.

I didn't see it in a cursory look through WinISD Pro alpha the other day; I've never done a simulation with it (just looked around a bit) so I'm not that familiar with it.

I did manage to find the cone excursion graph in it when I went back and looked more closely last night, though. Annoyingly, WinISD Pro does not work well on this machine; it crashes out with a memory access violation whenever I try to exit it. Not sure if it's the machine or the program, WinISD beta hasn't exactly been bug-free for as long as I've been playing with it (years...) either, so...

I did go back and recheck *every* menu in WinISD beta as well: WinISD Beta tour - YouTube I don't see that capability anywhere.

I'll have to familiarize myself with WinISD Pro.
Its a Windows 7 thing. Works fine on XP, but I've since upgraded.
You can use task manager to shut it down. A little inconvenient, I know, but IMHO its a decent enough program to give it 2 seconds of your time to close it.

Hide this!Advertise here!