dual 15" Reflex Sub help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Okay but in the grand scheme of things the weight saves by a 15" neo driver will cost you output vs a ferrite 18" driver of the same price.

Look past the weight and add things like handles and casters to make moving easier.

yeah that makes a lot of sense, and besides i was like calculating for 1
but if you build 4 or 8 then the savings start to add up if you get a ferrite 18" like you said and drop the neo drivers
then i can get a beer or 2 with the savings :D

Or like I said do multiples of the CS30 style cabinet. 4 or 6 or 8 cabinets. That way the system could scale also. For small crowds use two cabinets, then when you need as much LF as you can get break out all 8. Just a possibility.

looks like the CS30 is not not popular and havent see any people
or reports of people doing it for actual live scenarios but for lab testing only

Now, is better to have 2 lab12's cs30's or one with a driver that can take the watts of 2 lab12's

These are just screen shots from my iPad so they're not clear, but save them to your comp and print out in full size, they should be plenty easy to read and follow, and jot down notes as you're building in the worksho

i tried but on the picture with smaller numbers you cant read them on the screen and is worst when i print them

In the thread Maxo posted a link to (guess Maxo isn't reading anything lol)

"The BC18SW115 in the test box are pictured next to a box exactly double the size of the 2x12.
That box, the Keystone sub, is about 6 dB more efficient than the bass reflex designs using either the Lab 12 or the BC18SW115-4 with the same low corner."

In the thread Maxo posted a link to (guess Maxo isn't reading anything lol)

"The BC18SW115 in the test box are pictured next to a box exactly double the size of the 2x12.
That box, the Keystone sub, is about 6 dB more efficient than the bass reflex designs using either the Lab 12 or the BC18SW115-4 with the same low corner."

Sorry guys, i was reading too much and get sidetracked by the job
( lol ) actually bosses say that you are sidetracked by the "audio crap"...
they dont understand and never will and audio spirit that struggle to be free :D

so i narrowed my quest to the Keystone and the SS15
now i am wondering if i can cut dimmensions by 2 or 3 inches
on width or deepth and compensate on height to maintain the volume of the box

is there any comparision around here about a keystone and a ss15
btw, there is a cubo sub also around
does anyone have have seen it

Hi maxo,

"...now i am wondering if i can cut dimmensions by 2 or 3 inches
on width ..."

I did that in the singlesheet thread (singlesheet same as SS15), don't remember where or when, but anyhow, here are comparisons between the Hornresp SPL plot for a standard SS15 v. narrowed boxes (narrowed by 1.5"/3"/5"). (The faint trace in the "background" is the reduced box size SPL.) No make-up necessary. Stay w/ the Eminence 3015LF, and the recommended 1/2"nom plywood.

Regards,

Attachments

• SS15_std_v_1.5_in_braced.jpg
    SS15_std_v_1.5_in_braced.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 98
  • SS15_std_v_3_in_braced.jpg
    SS15_std_v_3_in_braced.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 92
  • SS15_std_v_5_in_braced.jpg
    SS15_std_v_5_in_braced.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 97
Thanks oliver,
on the graph with the 5" more narrow cab
you can see a little dip around 100hz of like 2 -3 db
so i can live with that , that dip you can compensate with eq i think right ?
anyway i will cross my tops at 120 or 150 as thye are 12's
THanks Dude you da man for making those graphs possible!!
Max.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.