Beach Radio v5! (Sealed 3015LF sub) - Page 6 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th February 2013, 02:07 AM   #51
diyAudio Member

Maybe I should rethink the 40aH batteries then and stick with the 140min RC (at 25 amp draw) lead acid battery?

Idk what to do!
Old 9th February 2013, 06:14 AM   #52
diyAudio Member

Back in the day, Pioneer would do mods to car amps and decks for a reasonable fee (A rep told me they offered it to people who are sponsored and compete, but anyone can have it done). I had one of my amps built to be stable to 2 ohm, and the deck had internal amp unplugged ( I later bought a better pre-amp deck).
Maybe you could find a small electronics repair place that could unplug the internal deck amp to make it a tad more efficient if using external amps... just sayin. Don't know if it will help but may be worth looking into. I can't imagine it would cost much of anything to do the mod.
I am curious to see how this box works out!
Old 9th February 2013, 01:56 PM   #53
diyAudio Member

Thanks I'm curious too lol. The F30 amp arrived yesterday waiting on picking up the Baltic birch to build the rest of the box. I'll get up early Monday and go grab a sheet and figure out the rest of the box!
Old 9th February 2013, 05:43 PM   #54
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m R g S r View Post
Maybe I should rethink the 40aH batteries then and stick with the 140min RC (at 25 amp draw) lead acid battery?

Idk what to do!
I use a pair of Powerstar PS12-22W 12volt 22AH AGM batteries (each weigh 17.64 pounds) in series to power a 24V 100 watt ElectricPaddle boat motor, and 2 hours of wide open use only used 10% of the charge.

That would mean you could run an average power of 100 watts on one 22AH battery for around 5 hours and only use 50% charge with no sun at all.

You probably don't need near 40AH with solar panels, but LiFp04 do save a lot of weight. 10 AH LiFp04 may be plenty with panels.

Art
Old 9th February 2013, 06:48 PM   #55
diyAudio Member

Okay ill give that company a call tomorrow about the batteries then, see when they expect stock to come in.
Old 9th February 2013, 11:01 PM   #56
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to KMossman Send a message via Skype™ to KMossman
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. doom View Post
I have a E-scooter that I would love to upgrade with 48v lithium batteries , then hope to use them with a portable PA. (Price of lithium packs is still too high )
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltersys View Post
I recently upgraded my electric bike batteries from SLA AGM to LiFeP04.
Went from an effective range of only 4.2 miles before voltage sagged too much to be ridable to 39 miles.
Less weight, a lot more $$, but worth every penny.

Art
I guess this is thread hi-jacking, but I would love to know about the e-bike battery upgrades and e-bike controllers................. Where to discuss?

Being in China, Li type batteries are quite cheap! Sourcing direct from the factory is not a problem [for me].
Old 10th February 2013, 03:13 PM   #57
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMossman View Post
I guess this is thread hi-jacking, but I would love to know about the e-bike battery upgrades and e-bike controllers................. Where to discuss?

Being in China, Li type batteries are quite cheap! Sourcing direct from the factory is not a problem [for me].
There may be a few new forums out there. This is a fast growing hobby/industry.
Endless Sphere

Also here.
Forums | V is for Voltage electric vehicle forum
Old 10th February 2013, 04:58 PM   #58
diyAudio Member

I can deff. Cut out enough of the inner cooler walls to house these Lightweight batteries. This thing will be totally self contained then, and need no extra equipment! Just attach the iPod and play away. I'm liking that idea.

Also, I will have a power cutoff / circuit breaker so I can disconnect the batteries whenever not in use, and have the solar panels connected to the hot side (with a diode) so that they don't send 21volts to the electronics
Old 11th February 2013, 09:35 PM   #59
diyAudio Member

Got some work done, didn't have time to get the other sheet of wood, so that will happen wed if I have time.

Decided to gut the inside bottom half of the plastic and foam, I will build the enclosure right to the bottom and fill the gaps between the enclosure and outter plastic with expanding foam
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 11th February 2013, 09:39 PM   #60
diyAudio Member

It was messy but got it all out

Hide this!Advertise here!