Ripole subs with dual 21" woofers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So how do u like the Pyle drivers?

I was somewhat worried by the fact that the T/S parameters seemed to vary greatly from one production batch to another - see on the internet those who have measured them: all measures obtained vary considerably. And I leave out the obviously misleading figures of the manufacturer such as sensitivity of 107dB...:eek:

In my dipoles, they work just fine, no funny noises, a lot of headroom, extremely deep but also perfectly tight bass as the ripole system implies etc. No room resonances (apart from the ratling of certain plastic things laying around :p) etc.

Interesting, how low do they go and what's the dimensions of the cabinets?

"Dunno" for the low end (no measures done as yet - I keep the suprise for later...). Used a test CD though, with signals starting at 20Hz. I can't say I do hear those frequencies but I can feel them, so they are there I guess.

Overall, one sub is 124x62x50 cm. With the two subs side by side, I get a couch table of about 124x124x50 (length x depth x heigth).

For the detailed dimensions, see my earlier link to pictures and a scan of a handwritten schematic (French only, sorry), with the size of the wood pannels used. If someone asks: I used beech plywood 30mm (19 layers or so).
The cabinets are just heavy enough not to jum away when the volume is turned up.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.