Anyone have experience with TL-Sub30?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm trying to design and build a corner sub. I have another thread considering PPSL but there seem to be too many pitfalls. I like transmission line having built several IMF designs back in the early eighties.

In my googling I ran across this design from German Visaton and looking for more information.

Specifically, what is going on in the exploded view? It looks like the TL exhausts out the top but there are two things that bother me. The bottom driver has a considerably shorter path than the top driver with folded line. Also it doesn't appear the lines have smaller volume as they approach the opening.

Anybody have any ideas how to keep the cabinet and re-design so it's true TL?

Attachments

• tl_sub30.jpg
    tl_sub30.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 122
  • tl_sub30_tz.png
    tl_sub30_tz.png
    100.8 KB · Views: 125
  • sub30-exploded.png
    sub30-exploded.png
    91 KB · Views: 126
I'm trying to design and build a corner sub. I have another thread considering PPSL but there seem to be too many pitfalls. I like transmission line having built several IMF designs back in the early eighties.

In my googling I ran across this design from German Visaton and looking for more information.

Specifically, what is going on in the exploded view? It looks like the TL exhausts out the top but there are two things that bother me. The bottom driver has a considerably shorter path than the top driver with folded line. Also it doesn't appear the lines have smaller volume as they approach the opening.

Anybody have any ideas how to keep the cabinet and re-design so it's true TL?

This cabinet is relying on Quarter-Wave design principles but IMO wasting unnecessarily a large volume for the performance.. Compare the net box volume and BW with a OD_T-TQWT....

b:)

Attachments

• TIW 300 - 8 Ohm.JPG
    TIW 300 - 8 Ohm.JPG
    725.3 KB · Views: 120
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.