Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th January 2013, 07:36 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default EXODUS ANARCHY 6.5" DRIVERS

Hi have read with great interest of Tapped Horn Sub woofer designs that use the Exodus Anarchy 6.5" driver and would like to build such a device as part of a music system. The problem for me is that after placing an order at DIYAUDIO their site advised postage to Australia was to be US $234 Click the image to open in full size.which is ridiculous when Parts Express ship similar products at US $87 or via FedEx at US $124. to Australia.
I specifically want to go with the Exodus Anarchy 6.5" driver so was wondering if there is any DIYAUDIO member that may be willing to buy two (2) of these drivers and ship them to me here in Australia via FedEx or other reasonable means. A PayPal transaction would make for ease of money handling....
Hope someone can assist keen fellow member
Old 16th January 2013, 12:50 PM   #2
djk is offline djk
diyAudio Member

Have someone that lives near a port send them via sea container, then on your end they will need to be forwarded by local parcel service.

It will take longer, but be vastly less expensive.
Old 16th January 2013, 04:50 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Alpine Type R 8" sub works in the same box. The only change you have to make is to increase the depth of the box. Check out my thread on forum.audiopsychosis for details.

You should be able to find the Type Rs in Australia easily.
Old 16th January 2013, 11:11 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Smile EXODUS EX-ANARCHY 6.5" MID-WOOFER SUPPLY

Hi and thank you for replies so far...i will certainly look into the Alpine type R8 suggestion.
What continually haunts me is that I do recall postings that suggested the Exodus Anarchy performance along with its advanced motor was preferred for music...it being tighter with less distortion more detailed sound wise etc.
Maybe someone could again comment on the Tang Band versus Exodus Anarchy versus Alpine sound qualities when used for music..especially Jazz and Classical of all types....Click the image to open in full size.
Old 16th January 2013, 11:15 PM   #5
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

I think your link is entropied.
Old 16th January 2013, 11:44 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Default LINK??

Hi am not sure why or where the link originated from....not part of my postings. Please disregard the link.
Old 17th January 2013, 06:21 AM   #7
OscarS is offline OscarS  United States
diyAudio Member

read away:

Alpine SWR-823D / 843D 8" Subwoofers - DIYMA Car Audio Forum

Tapped Horn for the Lazy and Impatient
Old 17th January 2013, 08:04 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

Many thanks for the links....makes for great reading and food for thought...still waiting for Exodus Anarchy purchase offers though. Must be some kind members out there in the US who could assist re purchase in US of a pair of Exodus Anarchy 6.5" and shipping to Australia at a better rate than DIYCable.com at an insane US $324 shipping fee.
Old 17th January 2013, 08:19 AM   #9
SirByrd is offline SirByrd  United States
diyAudio Member

Seems like you could fit two carefully in a large flat rate USPS box, which I think is around $50 international... Should be plenty of members near DIYcable to minimize the shipping cost from them. They are in Port Townsend IIRC.
Old 17th January 2013, 09:09 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Thank you Sirbyrd....I live in hope of a contact soon....re Exodus Anarchy 6.5" purchase....Click the image to open in full size.

Hide this!Advertise here!