EXODUS ANARCHY 6.5" DRIVERS - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th January 2013, 09:34 PM   #11
TerryO is offline TerryO  United States
diyAudio Member

Hi T.,

They're no longer in Pt Angeles. I'll let them know you've inquired.

Best Regards,
TerryO
Old 18th January 2013, 02:12 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

Thank you for that Terry....I need another clarification ....What exactly is 'PL PREMIUM'
adhesive...if someone could give a less abbreviated idea of what it is that would be a great help also...
Thanks
Dale
Old 18th January 2013, 03:14 AM   #13
TerryO is offline TerryO  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by taliesin60 View Post
Thank you for that Terry....I need another clarification ....What exactly is 'PL PREMIUM'
adhesive...if someone could give a less abbreviated idea of what it is that would be a great help also...
Thanks
Dale
Dale,

I just talked to Kevin a couple of minutes ago. He said his e-mail address is still in service and he'll be checking it.

www.diycable.com

Loctite® PL Premium® Polyurethane Construction Adhesive

http://www.loctiteproducts.com/p/pl_...n-Adhesive.htm

I'm not a chemist, but I'm familiar with PL Premium which I've used for boatbuilding projects. Very strong bond, water proof and less expensive than epoxy. Comes in caulking tubes, but can be pretty messy, so wear throw-away clothes when using.

Best Regards,
TerryO

Last edited by TerryO; 18th January 2013 at 03:30 AM.
Old 18th January 2013, 07:33 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

Thank you Terry....I sent DIYCable.com a message a few days ago re a more reasonable shipping rate....so hopefully may get a reply soon...
Dale
Old 3rd February 2013, 04:00 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

Any word yet?

And what is the size of the box for the 6.5" woofer?

I thought of building these for my children so I may buy a few of these woofers unless they are not so cheap. I can get the JBL 10" for 139 and the Alpine 8" is closer to $170.

Last edited by chrapladm; 3rd February 2013 at 04:22 AM.
Old 3rd February 2013, 09:37 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

In response to 'chrapladm'....Was contacted by Kevin from diycable.com re the Exodus Anarchy 6.5" mid woofer and was able to work out a better shipping arrangement. Payment sent but have not had final confirmation as yet...but I do not have any concerns they will turn up eventually. As for your question as to box size...the 6.5' Exodus speakers will be used in a 25Hz TH enclosure known as 'Insubnia' well documented on this forum. If used the 10" JBL or the Alpine 8" would require modifications to the 'Insubnia' design as posted by the designer ' Lil Mike' for the 6.5" speaker....
Regards...Dale
Old 3rd February 2013, 09:57 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

LOL....sorry to confuse. I am very familiar with most of the TH's, FLH's and other for this midwoofer. I was asking what size shipping box does the 6.5" woofer go in?

I was hoping that I could buy a pair and build a pair of the horns Lilmike made also. But if the price was to dear I may have to go with something else.

Thanks again.
Old 3rd February 2013, 10:23 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

Hi again...I was quoted 18lbs shipping weight!! I would imagine a box with two to be approx 16" X 8"X 8" or so. Maybe some other members could give package size experiences for you. The speaker is reasonable in price but shipping sizes for International shipping is another thing....
Regards
Dale
Old 3rd February 2013, 10:59 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

Thanks. Best I could find was $80 for shipping to my house in Adelaide. Need to decide now. I could have a small horn width wise and be able to put it anywhere or use a bigger woofer for the same price but bigger width. Hmmmm....
Old 3rd February 2013, 11:23 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

The feeling I get from reading the various posts on the subject is that the Exodus Anarchy performs in a more pleasing manner on music. The Tang Band 6.5" is one you have not mentioned that also apparently works very well. Another suggestion from reading the posts is to go for two 6.5" versions instead of larger enclosure for larger diameter drivers..
I decided to go for the two smaller original 6.5" driver approach as it has advantages in room placements .....

Hide this!Advertise here!