diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Subwoofers (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/subwoofers/)
-   -   First build (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/subwoofers/227547-first-build.html)

zues101 11th January 2013 04:01 PM

First build
 
Hi I'm new to the DIY scene but I'm really interested in building by own sub i will be using it mostly for movies and a little music I already own a pioneer ts-w12prs sub which I've had for a while now, I bought it a while back to use in a car but never installed it I was hoping to use this sub with a Bash 300W plate amplifiers in a ported box but I'm not sure about the size kf the box or if it would be any good as a home theater sub. Any input would be appreciated thank you.

Inductor 12th January 2013 02:29 AM

For PIONEER TS-W12PRS try BR enclosure design with 75L/20Hz (VB/FB).
Pioneer TS-W12PRS 12" Subwoofer - long term review + test data(npdang) - DIYMA Car Audio Forum
HiVi SP10 DIY Subwoofer Project

Number of ports : 2
Distance cent/cent : 20 cm
Ports diam. : 4.4 cm
Total surface of ports : 30.41 cm2
Ports Length : 27.22 cm

Note: Can use different alignment like 75L/22Hz, etc.
Number of ports : 1
Distance cent/cent : 0 cm
Ports diam. : 7.4 cm
Total surface of ports : 43.01 cm2
Ports Length : 29.91 cm
On my first link they show different sealed and ported alignments if you notice. Have a nice build.:up:
http://www.oaudio.com/300W_SUBAMP.html

zues101 12th January 2013 12:20 PM

thanks for the reply but isn't a 76L enclosure tuned to 20Hz small? i was playing around with WinISD and i got something like 150L for a ported 20Hz enclosure i could be wrong cuz im new to this but
[img=http://s14.postimage.org/ayrpqz4j1/Untitled.jpg]
[img=http://s14.postimage.org/ayrpqz4j1/Untitled.jpg]
am i missing something??:confused:

bjorno 12th January 2013 04:27 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by zues101 (Post 3322389)
thanks for the reply but isn't a 76L enclosure tuned to 20Hz small? i was playing around with WinISD and i got something like 150L for a ported 20Hz enclosure i could be wrong cuz im new to this but
[img=http://s14.postimage.org/ayrpqz4j1/Untitled.jpg]
[img=http://s14.postimage.org/ayrpqz4j1/Untitled.jpg]
am i missing something??:confused:

Hi zues101,

Graphical help to sort things out and a ported suggestion= OD_ML-TL (Offset Driver-Mass-Loaded-Transmission Line) = IMO,Superior if compared to the shown BR when properly stuffed using damping material.

b:)

sreten 12th January 2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zues101 (Post 3322389)
thanks for the reply but isn't a 76L enclosure tuned to 20Hz small? i was playing around with WinISD and i got something like 150L for a ported 20Hz enclosure i could be wrong cuz im new to this but
[img=http://s14.postimage.org/ayrpqz4j1/Untitled.jpg]
[img=http://s14.postimage.org/ayrpqz4j1/Untitled.jpg]
am i missing something??:confused:

Hi,

Optimising f-3dB with those sort of alignments often doesn't
sound too good in room, a nice rounded roll-off without a
clear "knee" can sound better, and is smaller.

rgds, sreten.

zues101 12th January 2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjorno (Post 3322644)
Hi zues101,

Graphical help to sort things out and a ported suggestion= OD_ML-TL (Offset Driver-Mass-Loaded-Transmission Line) = IMO,Superior if compared to the shown BR when properly stuffed using damping material.

b:)

Thanks allot really appreciate your input but as I said I'm still a novice ad this and I think u just got a little technical for me I don't understand what most of those graphs are! Any explanations would be appreciated. If

zues101 12th January 2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sreten (Post 3322690)
Hi,

Optimising f-3dB with those sort of alignments often doesn't
sound too good in room, a nice rounded roll-off without a
clear "knee" can sound better, and is smaller.

rgds, sreten.

I'm trying to get as mush lows as I can, there is an option to add mass to cone on winISD which helps even out the alignment is that advisable or does it have a large drawback?


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:43 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2