Bass reflex Subwoofer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Without T/S parameters I can't help. I checked a couple sites and didn't see any. Apparently it is cheapo "kiddie car" driver rated 2,500 watts which is false. More likely can handle around 100 watts per coil.

Your better off finding a driver with a low(er) Qts and an Fs in the 25-35Hz range to start. Unless you have a SUV with space for the appropriate sized box, I'd look at 10 and 12" drivers first.

Hey!Guys by yours advice I purchased better than this sub.... I just bought Pioneer TS-W3002D4,(don't find this JBL in store)...And now I need some of yours help...to make box for this sub(vented box)
So,there T\S parametrs
FS-31.4
Qms-15.13
Qes-0.68
Qts-0.65
Vas-0.46 (13.03liters)
imp.-2 or 8 Ohm
sens.90dB
freq. resp. 20-150 Hz
thanks in advance!!

A 66l closed box (qtc 0.7) would be best, unless you like the sound a bit more boomy; 10l would be adequate. (qtc 0,95)
But I'm no experienced car-sub builder, maybe someone else can give more tips.
You can do a Bass Reflex and go as low as 20hz but I doubt that's useful for music.
(27.5hz is the lowest note on a piano)

Port afterthoughts

So more better to try closed box?It's will power up nice bass too,right?)
I could install port at any time...if this will be not enough)

If you do go with that thinking "I could install port at any time..."
Then plan the port into the build and simply leave it out, at first.
Trying to fit a low tuned port into an existing sealed box is sometimes difficult if not just maddening.
A word to the wise is sufficient.
And, yes a sealed box can sound just fine especially if you can add some EQ.
I use a DBX 120A to add the EQ jazz to my sealed 12" pair of boxes if I really want to hear some thumping.
I had the boxes ported, but I thought they were too boomy with "single note boom syndrome".
I like them sealed much better, but I am feeding them 400W channel and can crank the low end if I want to listen in anger.

Dave

Last edited:
If you do go with that thinking "I could install port at any time..."
Then plan the port into the build and simply leave it out, at first.
Trying to fit a low tuned port into an existing sealed box is sometimes difficult if not just maddening.
A word to the wise is sufficient.
And, yes a sealed box can sound just fine especially if you can add some EQ.
I use a DBX 120A to add the EQ jazz to my sealed 12" pair of boxes if I really want to hear some thumping.
I had the boxes ported, but I thought they were too boomy with "single note boom syndrome".
I like them sealed much better, but I am feeding them 400W channel and can crank the low end if I want to listen in anger.

Dave
So if I'll use 60L box (like ßart West-VL. said),it's will be nice?:)

Hey!Guys by yours advice I purchased better than this sub....
I just bought Pioneer TS-W3002D4,(don't find this JBL in store)...
And now I need some of yours help...to make box for this sub
(vented box) So,there T\S parametrs
Fs-31.4
Qms-15.13
Qes-0.68
Qts-0.65
Vas-0.46 (13.03liters)
imp.-2 or 8 Ohm
sens.90dB
freq. resp. 20-150 Hz
thanks in advance!!

Hi,

If those specs are true a sealed and well stuffed 20L box is called for.
Not a lot of point going bigger sealed, vented is not good for Qts=0.65.

rgds, sreten.

If the box has the volume you need and it fits your Toyota, then sure. Keep in mind that the speaker doesn't have to face forward and the further back you can place it in the car, the deeper and less boomy the bass. If you're going to use the Pioneer driver, I agree that it must be sealed or your going to need something over 60L. Personally, I'd go with a sealed box of around 28L.

With an EBP of 46 this driver can go both directions ported or sealed, doing the calculations I get 71.08 Liters sealed with a Qtc of .707

_____________________________________________________Rick.....

Yes, that driver likes a big box thanks to the high Qts, but at 28L (~1cu ft), Qtc is .79 which is quite respectable. I don't think it is practical putting a large box in his car unless he wants no cargo room.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.