got a free amp, let's build me a sub!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hum, maybe 4 10's in a H dipole woofer setup. i would do more, but size is a small factor (the room has maggies in 5.1, and as mentioned before, another sub... space gets taken up quick.

but 4 of those PYLE 10's would probably do nicely. either that or 4 of them in a sealed box :)

JOE DIRT® said:
If you want some fast bass in the 60hz and up region....I would go with multiples of 10" or 8" for that matter......that way you can keep the cabinet small and get some good punch

I still think it wierd to assume you get "faster" bass when you use a whole mess of smaller drivers. I prefer using fewer larger drivers because:

a: They will get lower with less effort

b: with the larger cone area they won't have to move nearly as much as the smaller drivers to get the same spl. Which do you think is "faster" (if that's what we're gonna call it), six 10" drivers moving 5mm per stroke, or two 15's or 18's moving 1 or 2 mm per stroke?

I'd say the latter, if it even matters at all....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.