10" speaker recommendations please

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am thinking about building a subwoofer using the Decware WO original plans. Here is a link if you are not familiar with them. DECWARE's Wicked-One Horn Subwoofer

I am not up to speed on good 10" speakers and most of what I am finding is intended for car audio. No insult intended.
smile.gif

It is designed around a speaker that, if placed in a sealed enclosure would be best suited with 1.0 CF and Vented 1.5 cubic feet. The Vas 1.87 cu. ft. The Qts is .618. This enclosure is sealed.

If you could point me in the direction of some better speakers to use and some general (Or specific) recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

Hi SteveJewels,

Post #1: "...general (Or specific) recommendations would be appreciated."

The enclosure you are referencing in Post #1 is a horn-loaded BP4 (4th order band pass); it can be simulated in Hornresp, and I would recommend doing that prior to building.

For the Audiophile Wicke One WO32 decware recommends their DHM108B 10" woofer.

Regards,

Last edited:
Hi,

Some very creative use (or abuse depending on your perspective) of
measurement procedures to derive the shown claimed "advantages".

As a home hifi subwoofer for below 80Hz it is pretty useless, as a car
sub x/o much higher and SPL being the main factor somewhat better.

Two LAB12s in 7 cuft tuned to around 20Hz would murder it at home,
though they would need a lot of juice to reach their substantial limits.

rgds, sreten.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.