Drivers for ~100L (3.5ft^3) cabinets in AUS

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I know this is all a bit back to front but here goes.....

I've got two (2) approximatly 100 litre boxes all cut up ready to be assembled. They were for an old project that was never completed. My brother mentioned the other day that he would like to build some subs for his stereo system. I figure this is an opportune way to get rid of the stack of wood!

The fronts he is using are Zaph's "waveguide TMM"
Zaph|Audio

I was hoping people could suggest some subs that would be suitable for these cabinets. I'd be happy to go sealed, and use LT, or go ported. Tapped horns and other transmission line based designs are out of the question as I already have all the bracing cut up for the boxes.

These are really only going to play up high enough to match up to the fronts (80-100hz at an absolute max). Obviously I'm looking for good low extension but I'm not going to chase single digits. Having said that, the point of these IS to fill in below the main speakers so I am after a true SUBwoofer not just a woofer that plays lowish.

Preferably I'd like to purchase the drivers somewhere in AUS as shipping costs can get stupidly high pretty quickly.

Thanks for your suggestions.

My second choice (First) would be the Dayton reference series either the 12's or 15's as well as the classic series.

They had just dropped the price (I think) on those T200's and they look like the best boom for the buck.

I looked at the Zaph site and it looks like two of the T200's per side would be a good match for your speakers.

FWIW

jer :)

P.S. I found the reviews on this driver here,

http://reviews.parts-express.com/24...-200-watt-subwoofer-4-ohm-reviews/reviews.htm

I think that they are a great deal but you still can't go wrong with the Dayton's either.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.