JBL 2226H 30 hz "horn" i built

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

djlivex asked for a simulation with Faital Pro 15FH500

It is very close to JBL 2226 (compared in graph):

I also did a simulation of 4 cabs in half space using Faital Pro 15FH500 powered by 1,3 kW:

Cone excursion for the 4 cabs at 1,3 kW:

Last edited:
Thanks quinnling!

Should I assume that this design will work just as well for the JBL 2226J (16 ohm version). What is the dimension of the horn.

I cannot think of any reason 2226J would not work.

The dimesions are (HxDxW) 1196 x 936 x 494. Millimeters, you better get used to them :). It is build with 18 mm Russian pine plywood. Next cab will be Swedish birch. You will need 2½ sheets of 1220x2440 plywood for one cab.

Actually I built a tapped horn for 2226. Not bad, but this one sounds better. The tapped horn sounds like a bass reflex on steroids. This one is cleaner and with much more energy in transients. It needs a big room.

This one is 50% bigger than the tapped horn. I can get as much spl from this horn as from the tapped horn, both tuned to 30 Hz.

This horn has a much better group delay than a tapped horn. It will behave very nicely outside of the crossover passband. You will need a digital delay in order to avoid comb filtering and to get full attack in transients.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.