JBL 2226H 30 hz "horn" i built

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Pretty soon I will post new CAD drawings by request from Robert in Canada. Until then, here is a Hornresp record for a cabinet 1200 mm high, 900 mm deep and 600 mm wide.

I ran this design through my new BOXPLAN-PARAH sim and mostly it's a pretty good match. Well, except for one parameter.

The S2, S3 and S4 points are different because they seem to be sampled at different points along the path length, but the overall lengths of the horns are decent matches (if you used the centerline rather than the advanced centerline approach to measure the path length, the result will be a horn length that's slightly too long).

Vrc seems to be off by a decent amount though.... 10%. I'm curious about that, as it's pretty simple to calculate (internal LxWxH of the chamber, minus any space taken up by the driver, bracing, etc. In the BOXPLAN workbook, the volume of the driver is 8.5 liters. Leaving that out of the calculations brings the workbook's value for Vrc quite a bit closer to the stated 171L.

Attachments

• 2021-02-13 (5).png
    2021-02-13 (5).png
    191.5 KB · Views: 206
  • 2021-02-13 (6).png
    2021-02-13 (6).png
    11.2 KB · Views: 208
Vrc seems to be off by a decent amount though.... 10%. I'm curious about that, as it's pretty simple to calculate (internal LxWxH of the chamber, minus any space taken up by the driver, bracing, etc. In the BOXPLAN workbook, the volume of the driver is 8.5 liters. Leaving that out of the calculations brings the workbook's value for Vrc quite a bit closer to the stated 171L.

You are right. This flaw is still there in my generated record. Thanks for pointing this out.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.